We put some love into MIDI Translator Pro!
The new version 1.8.4 has more than 50 new features, enhancements, and fixes.
For example: dedicated MPE support, improved keystroke and mouse emulation, and better multi-monitor support.
Check it out now:
MIDI Translator Pro
If you own MIDI Translator Pro, you can update it free of charge in your account:
(if you don’t have an account, just create one)
Here you can check out the full version history:
Florian and the Bome team
PS: version 2.0 is being worked on in parallel…
Hi! We’re happy to announce a new firmware for the BomeBox.
The firmware fixes a few critical bugs regarding MIDI Routes, so we recommend to upgrade all your BomeBoxes.
Download and Upgrade Guide
- Enhancement: Default Routes: now a checkbox, only create routes as needed
- Enhancement: load MIDI Translator project files from attached USB drive
- Bugfix: MIDI Routes get deleted when unplugging a device
- Bugfix: Log page does not display verbose checkbox as checked
- Improved MIDI Ports Page (by device display mode)
- Improved unplugged warning notification
- Improved Network MIDI page: display IP addresses, button for direct access to web config of other BomeBoxes
PS: it’s still May is MIDI Month! Next Saturday, May 25 at 10 AM PDT, there will be the MIDI 2.0 webinar with Bome founder Florian Bomers on the panel. More info on midi.org.
May is MIDI Month! It’s the MIDI Association’s yearly fund raiser where we’re happy to be a Gold Sponsor.
You can enjoy daily tips and weekly MIDI webinars on Saturdays.
Tomorrow’s webinar is about Controllerism. And the topic of the webinar on May 25 is MIDI 2.0, with Bome founder Florian Bomers on the experts panel. If interested, mark your calendars!
Find out more about May is MIDI Month:
→The MIDI Association
You’ll be able to donate, too 🙂
Cheers from the Bome team!
The Bome team is wishing you a happy New Year!
And we thank you for a successful and exciting year 2018!
New BomeBox Firmware
We’re happy to announce a new BomeBox firmware 1.3.2. It allows switching translation project files using the Execute File outgoing action. Check it out in BomeBox Downloads.
New BomeBox Tutorials
We’ve also just released two new video tutorials:
1) A remote controllable MIDI Switchboard using the BomeBox
2) Using BomeBox as a Host MIDI Switcher (leveraging the new firmware 1.3.2)
NAMM Show 2019
Also this year, we have a small but exquisite booth at the NAMM show in Anaheim, CA, USA, January 25-28, 2019. Please come by and say hello, or schedule a meeting. We’re located at the entrance between halls A and B.
We do have a few free NAMM tickets reserved for our customers, just drop us a line (first come, first serve).
And now back to translating MIDI!
All the best from
Florian and the entire Bome team
“I use it with everything!” says Producer and Performer DiViNCi about Bome MIDI Translator Pro. He’s been using it in his live setups, including his work with Ms. Lauryn Hill.
Check out the full video here:
Howdy! After more than 10 years, we’ve updated Restorator to version 2018 with a number of small fixes.
Download full version
Download Trial version
- support for icons with embedded PNG images
- Improved toolbar and icon display (thanks to Azza for working on this)
- easier String management: display string resources in just one resource
- limited support for 64-bit exe files (amd64, ia64)
- bugfix: handle 4 color bitmap resources (but cannot display them)
- bugfix: DlgItemTemplateEx has 32-bit ID and not only 16-bit
- bugfix: non-extended menus can have popup flags separated without comma
- bugfix: committing version resource multiple times would corrupt version resource
- bugfix: assigning from command line to a selected resource will not use it, but create a new one based on the filename
- bugfix: on save, cleanly remove an authenticate signature instead of rendering it defunct
- new command line parameter:
-extract <resource> <file> [extract a resource to file]
- Improved command line parameters, specify as many operations at once.
- added new command line parameter: -extract
- removed explorer context menu (too many problems with wrong associations)
- fix display of 4-bit compressed Bitmap images (build 1791)
- fix version resource editing (build 1792)
- fix file viewer (build 1792)
- black bar on top of images (build 1792)
We are a proud gold sponsor of the May is MIDI Month campaign by the MIDI Manufacturers Association. Please check it out! For MIDI enthusiasts, we also recommend to sign up to The MIDI Association (it’s free).
In MIDI Month, we have prepared numerous updates for you:
- option to set high contrast schemes for vision impaired users
- MIDI capture: options for raw capture and/or filter out timing messages.
- macOS Mouse Action: allow to capture mouse position
- keystroke input/output: improved compatibility with international keyboards
- macOS: improved AppleScript Editor
- many more stability improvements and fixes.
See full version history
Download Full Version in Your Account
- maintain log file to trouble-shoot connection problems
- improved stability
- new feature: QWERTY keyboard input support
- improved logging
- improved, more responsive web config
- fix BSOD when removing BMIDI port which is actively connected to a BMIDI application
- improved compatibility with Windows 10 update 1803/1804
- improved addition/removal/disabling/enabling of ports in Device Manager
BMIDI drivers are included with our MIDI software. If you are a developer and want to use virtual MIDI ports in your own application, please see the BMIDI SDK page:
BMIDI SDK (for developers)
That’s all for MIDI Month!
Florian with the Bome Team
Just like every year, we would love to meet you this week at the Pro Light & Sound and Musikmesse 2017 in Frankfurt, Germany. We don’t have a booth this year, but you can schedule a meeting to chat with Bome Software founder Florian Bomers, check out the BomeBox and upcoming firmware features, and talk shop all things MIDI!
The next chance to meet us is at SuperBooth first week of May in Berlin, Germany.
We wish you happy holidays and a great start into 2018!
If you’re attending the NAMM Show in January 2018 (Anaheim, CA, USA), come by and say hello! This year, our booth is conveniently located at the entrance between halls A and B: booth #9701.
Florian with the Bome Team
Now up on YouTube: the BomeBox tutorials series. Watch the first tutorial: BomeBox Unpacking and Initial Setup. Recommended for everyone to get started with the BomeBox!
Introducing Allen & Heath professional mixer support!
We’re happy to announce that the BomeBox now provides MIDI connectivity to Allen & Heath digital mixers of the dLive, GLD, and Qu series. Now, connecting the mixer to a BomeBox via Ethernet will let you use the BomeBox’es MIDI ports to access the mixer. All advanced MIDI routing capabilities of the BomeBox are available, too, and you can even connect multiple mixers to one BomeBox.
Just upgrade the BomeBox to firmware version 1.2 (or later). The firmware is available in the BomeBox Downloads section. Every BomeBox can be upgraded using the new firmware.
Questions? Discuss in our Q&A forum or contact us directly!
We have just released a new Bome MIDI Translator Pro video tutorial: How to start a basic project. Recommended for everyone getting started with MT Pro!
More videos coming soon! You can also subscribe to our YouTube Tutorials Channel to not miss them.
We’re excited to invite you to SuperBooth 2017, a trade show and conference April 20-22, in Berlin, Germany. It’s all about synthesizers… come to the Bome table at H371!
We can provide trade visitor tickets to you, please contact us if you are interested.
Hope to see you next week,
Florian — and the Bome team
We would love to meet you this week at the Pro Light & Sound and Musikmesse 2017 in Frankfurt, Germany! Please schedule a meeting to get hands-on with the BomeBox, or check out version 1.8.2 of MIDI Translator Pro. And of course, have a chat with Bome Software founder Florian Bomers!
The next chance to meet us is at SuperBooth later this month in Berlin, Germany.
We have just released a minor update of Bome MIDI Translator Pro. It mainly fixes an issue with mouse emulation on macOS and a crash when saving. This incompatibility was introduced by a recent macOS update in 10.11 (El Capitan) and 10.12 (Sierra). Thanks for that!
We’ve also improved serial port support: now you can configure the port parameters on serial port aliases and create MIDI ports from serial port aliases. All these settings will be stored in the project file (.bmtp). Like that, using such a project on a different computer will instantly configure the ports as needed. Also, it works great for using serial ports attached to the BomeBox — with the upcoming firmware!
There are also a number of minor improvements for macOS and Windows: check out the full version history.
Owners of an MT Pro license, please log into your account (or create a new account) to download the new version. New users, check out the trial version.
We’ll be at Musikmesse next week in Frankfurt/Germany, and at Superbooth April 20-22 in Berlin. Would be great to meet you!
Florian and the Bome Team
PS: our apologies if you’ve received this notification twice. We’ve had some technical difficulties.
Hey gals and guys, we’ve just released the Bome Network tool for connecting to the BomeBox (mainly), and demonstrated some nice new MT Pro features at the NAMM Show two weeks ago.
With the Bome Network tool you connect your favorite DAW or other MIDI software to the BomeBox from a Windows or macOS computer. It works with Bome MIDI Translator Pro, too! It’s free for connecting to a BomeBox. Bome Network Pro costs EUR 29 and lets you connect from computer to computer, too (much like Apple’s network MIDI/RTP-MIDI).
At the NAMM Show in Anaheim, we’ve shown early versions of a couple of new features for MIDI Translator Pro:
- OSC actions: use OSC input and output actions in MT Pro projects for translating OSC to and from MIDI, or to mouse/keystrokes or even other OSC
- OSC Router: create flexible OSC routings for multiple OSC apps
- Improved MIDI Router: create routes from MIDI Output ports to another Output (duplicate MIDI output streams), from Input to Input (duplicate incoming MIDI data as if it comes from another port, too), or from Output to Input (feed it back to the router and the processing engine). This will facilitate many connection issues!
- Improved Serial Ports: your serial port settings are now stored in the project file, and the MIDI-over-serial feature has been greatly improved.
The best thing is: all these new features will also come to the BomeBox with a firmware upgrade! At NAMM, we’ve shown a smartphone running TouchOSC directly connected to the BomeBox via its built-in WiFi, where we’ve been running an MT Pro project translating the OSC messages to MIDI, and playing a synthesizer connected via 5-pin DIN. No computer necessary for your performance!
Also, we will post an interim update of MT Pro to fix a few compatibility issues with macOS “Sierra” 10.12.
Florian and the Bome team
PS: check out some impressions of our NAMM booth on our Facebook page.
We’re very excited about the new design of our website! It comes with a fresh new look, a new Q&A section (phasing out the forum), single sign-on, and it’s mobile friendly.
And don’t forget to check by our booth if you’re at the NAMM show in Anaheim, starting next Thursday (booth #1088 in hall E). We’ll show some new upcoming firmware features for the BomeBox and MIDI Translator Pro. But be warned, the Bome team has not had a complete make over…
For rants or kudos, feel free to post in the Q&A section!
Florian and the entire Bome team
We wish everyone happy holidays and a happy New Year!
We’re very busy preparing for the NAMM Show in Anaheim in January. There, we’ll present some great new features for the BomeBox and MIDI Translator Pro… meet us at our booth #1088 in hall E!
Florian and the entire Bome Team
We have just released version 1.8.1 of Bome MIDI Translator Pro — with long-awaited new features and numerous bugs fixes *)
Moreover, our first hardware product, the BomeBox, is shipping! It is a versatile MIDI router, with USB, MIDI DIN, Ethernet, and WiFi connections. And the icing on the cake: you can load your MIDI Translator Pro projects into the box and it’ll run them with all your MIDI mappings, routes, timers,… without the need of a computer: MIDI Translator Pro in a box! Check it out.
If you own a license of MIDI Translator Pro, please register or log in to download the latest version. Otherwise, download the trial version for Windows and macOS now!
Florian and the Bome Team
- Tray / menu bar icon
- Keystroke Input action: added Key Sequence and Text modes
- Keystroke Action: enter special keys using a list (media keys, Alt-Down, Alt-Up, etc.)
- Improved keyboard navigation and screen reader support
- Improved command line usage
- Windows: screen reader support
- 100% compatible with previous project files
Full version history…
We’re extremely happy to announce availability of the BomeBox™ in our web shop. It has come a long way, but this is just the start!
Our introductory offer for the first production batch is €199 (approx. US$225) plus shipping, so get it while supplies last!
Now we’re thrilled to watch the BomeBox ecosystem grow in studios, stages, theaters… Let us know your experiences and questions in the web forum or via email. We also have an extensive FAQ.
Think inside the box!
The Bome team — Florian, Georg, Magnus, Jared, Andi, Whit, Lioba, Linda
We’re very happy to report that the BomeBox has finally received EMI certification (FCC, etc.). We had to slightly modify the circuitry, but we were able to keep the full functionality.
Right now we’re sorting out the last bits for the first production run scheduled for July/August, with public availability afterwards.
We’ll keep you posted!
Florian and the Bome team
We would love to meet you at the Musikmesse 2016 in Frankfurt, Germany! Please schedule a meeting to see the BomeBox prototypes in action, or check out the upcoming version 1.8.1 of MIDI Translator Pro, or just talk shop with Bome Software founder Florian Bomers.
We would love to meet you at the NAMM Show 2016 in Anaheim, CA (January 21 to 24)! In our booth #1088 in hall E (downstairs), you’ll have the chance to chat with Florian Bomers, founder, and Jared Helfer, our tech suport guru!
We’ll also show the BomeBox in action, and showcase the new MIDI Translator Pro features. For scheduling a meeting, please contact us directly.
PS: we have recently discovered a new BomeBox production problem, delaying availability of the BomeBox. We’re currently working on a fix, with certification scheduled right before NAMM. Crossing our fingers!
Video peeps! Ever wanted to know how to use an affordable MIDI controller to control video editing software? No problem with MIDI Translator Pro: Tutorial on Pro Video Coalition: using any midi controller as a video controller in your editing software.
The Bome Team is happy to announce version 1.8 of Bome MIDI Translator Pro!
This version introduces powerful new features and many enhancements:
- New single window user interface on Windows
- No MIDI hex codes anymore (unless you like them): simple MIDI message selection
- Improved virtual port naming
- AppleScript support (on OS X)
- Full serial port support
- New options for keystroke emulation
- Improved performance
- 100% compatible with previous project files (except for WM_ actions)
- Full version history…
You can download the trial version for Windows and OS X now!
If you own a license of MIDI Translator Pro and you have not received the notification email, please log in to retrieve your license key and to download the latest version.
And make sure to check out the video outlining the user interface of this new version.
Florian and the Bome Team
At our booth at the NAMM Show 2015, we showed a few prototypes of the BomeBox in action.
See them here!
The production plan is on schedule (summer 2015), we’ll notify you when the BomeBox is available for purchase.
And we’re working very hard on finalizing the next version 1.8 of MIDI Translator Pro!
All the best,
Contact us now to meet Florian Bomers, founder, at Musikmesse, Frankfurt, Germany from April 15 to 18. See the final BomeBox prototype and the upcoming MIDI Translator Pro version 1.8!
We’re happy to present the BomeBox, a small friendly box to connect devices via MIDI, USB, Ethernet, and WiFi, using the full mapping and processing power of Bome MIDI Translator Pro. Check it out at the NAMM Show 2015 in booth #1086 (hall E)!
Florian and the Bome team!
All the best for 2015!
Right now, we’re working on the final touches of 2 exciting product releases at the NAMM Show in Anaheim, January 22 to 25:
1) MIDI Translator Pro version 1.8 — an important milestone towards the long awaited 2.0 release…
2) our first hardware product… stay tuned!
Drop by at our NAMM booth #1086 in hall E.
Speaking for all the Bome staff,
The Bome team wishes you happy holidays! We’re very busy preparing for the NAMM Show where we’ll release our first ever hardware product… stay tuned!
We’re happy to announce the availability of version 1.4 of Bome SendSX!
Download it here: Bome SendSX v1.4
This new version includes all the features of the beta version 1.3, plus a few new useful additions like command line support. Full version history.
This review about Pro Tools has a section which outlines how you can improve your Pro Tools experience with Midi Translator.
Schedule a meeting now with Florian Bomers, founder, at Musikmesse, Frankfurt, Germany from March 12 to 15.
A fantastic performance powered by Bome MIDI Translator Pro!
Kudos to Kulu Orr.
We at Bome Software wish you all the best for 2014!
If you attend the NAMM show in Anaheim, it’s a good opportunity to meet with Bome founder Florian Bomers. Please contact us to schedule a meeting.
Schedule a meeting now with Florian Bomers, founder of Bome Software, at the NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA, from January 23 to 26.
Schedule a meeting now with Florian Bomers at the Musikmesse, Frankfurt, Germany from April 10 to 12.
We at Bome Software wish you all the best for 2013!
The CTRL+Console kickstarter project featuring Bome’s Midi Translator technology is funded successfully! and a couple of hours left to join too.
CTRL+Console: iPhone/iPad for ergonomic video editing on workstations
Schedule a meeting now with Florian Bomers at the Musikmesse, Frankfurt, Germany from March 22 to 24.
We’ve released version 1.7.2 of Bome’s Midi Translator Pro!
With this release, the Windows and the OS X versions have an identical feature set. They even have the same version
number from now on!
Apart of that, version 1.7.2 has a number of new exciting features and bug fixes, most notably:
– mouse movement and click emulation — now on OS X, too
– delay Outgoing Actions directly (without the use of timers)
– use variables in Outgoing Mouse action
– improved performance and stability
For a full list of changes, see:
Version History – OS X
Version History – Windows
And now, as always: happy translating!
Florian, Ruediger, and partners
The fastest way to tweet your mood as a real voice message:
Tweet – After the Beep.
Schedule a meeting with Bome founder Florian Bomers now for the NAMM trade show, Anaheim, CA, USA from January 19-22.
We at Bome Software wish all our customers, partners and friends all the best for 2012!
We’ve just released Midi Translator Pro 1.7.2 beta with some new features and bug fixes. In particular, now the OS X version has the same feature set as the Windows version. Finally!
Please test and report back in the forums, or file a bug report.
We’ve just released Midi Translator Pro 1.6.3 for OS X with many new features and bug fixes.
Our new vacation-themed app is currently available for free:
Vacation Greetings – After the Beep!
If you’re interested in meeting Bome founder Florian Bomers, please contact us with your mobile phone number.
Best day for a meeting is this Friday. contact…
This promotion is only valid this weekend: get our iPhone/iPad app free of charge!
After the Beep!