May is MIDI Month! It’s the MIDI Association’s yearly fund raiser where we’re happy to be a Gold Sponsor.
You can enjoy daily tips and weekly MIDI webinars on Saturdays.
Tomorrow’s webinar is about Controllerism. And the topic of the webinar on May 25 is MIDI 2.0, with Bome founder Florian Bomers on the experts panel. If interested, mark your calendars!
Find out more about May is MIDI Month:
→The MIDI Association
You’ll be able to donate, too 🙂
Cheers from the Bome team!
The Bome team is wishing you a happy New Year!
And we thank you for a successful and exciting year 2018!
New BomeBox Firmware
We’re happy to announce a new BomeBox firmware 1.3.2. It allows switching translation project files using the Execute File outgoing action. Check it out in BomeBox Downloads.
New BomeBox Tutorials
We’ve also just released two new video tutorials:
1) A remote controllable MIDI Switchboard using the BomeBox
2) Using BomeBox as a Host MIDI Switcher (leveraging the new firmware 1.3.2)
NAMM Show 2019
Also this year, we have a small but exquisite booth at the NAMM show in Anaheim, CA, USA, January 25-28, 2019. Please come by and say hello, or schedule a meeting. We’re located at the entrance between halls A and B.
We do have a few free NAMM tickets reserved for our customers, just drop us a line (first come, first serve).
And now back to translating MIDI!
All the best from
Florian and the entire Bome team
“I use it with everything!” says Producer and Performer DiViNCi about Bome MIDI Translator Pro. He’s been using it in his live setups, including his work with Ms. Lauryn Hill.
Check out the full video here:
We are a proud gold sponsor of the May is MIDI Month campaign by the MIDI Manufacturers Association. Please check it out! For MIDI enthusiasts, we also recommend to sign up to The MIDI Association (it’s free).
In MIDI Month, we have prepared numerous updates for you:
- option to set high contrast schemes for vision impaired users
- MIDI capture: options for raw capture and/or filter out timing messages.
- macOS Mouse Action: allow to capture mouse position
- keystroke input/output: improved compatibility with international keyboards
- macOS: improved AppleScript Editor
- many more stability improvements and fixes.
See full version history
Download Full Version in Your Account
- maintain log file to trouble-shoot connection problems
- improved stability
- new feature: QWERTY keyboard input support
- improved logging
- improved, more responsive web config
- fix BSOD when removing BMIDI port which is actively connected to a BMIDI application
- improved compatibility with Windows 10 update 1803/1804
- improved addition/removal/disabling/enabling of ports in Device Manager
BMIDI drivers are included with our MIDI software. If you are a developer and want to use virtual MIDI ports in your own application, please see the BMIDI SDK page:
BMIDI SDK (for developers)
That’s all for MIDI Month!
Florian with the Bome Team
We wish you happy holidays and a great start into 2018!
If you’re attending the NAMM Show in January 2018 (Anaheim, CA, USA), come by and say hello! This year, our booth is conveniently located at the entrance between halls A and B: booth #9701.
Florian with the Bome Team
We have just released a new Bome MIDI Translator Pro video tutorial: How to start a basic project. Recommended for everyone getting started with MT Pro!
More videos coming soon! You can also subscribe to our YouTube Tutorials Channel to not miss them.
We have just released a minor update of Bome MIDI Translator Pro. It mainly fixes an issue with mouse emulation on macOS and a crash when saving. This incompatibility was introduced by a recent macOS update in 10.11 (El Capitan) and 10.12 (Sierra). Thanks for that!
We’ve also improved serial port support: now you can configure the port parameters on serial port aliases and create MIDI ports from serial port aliases. All these settings will be stored in the project file (.bmtp). Like that, using such a project on a different computer will instantly configure the ports as needed. Also, it works great for using serial ports attached to the BomeBox — with the upcoming firmware!
There are also a number of minor improvements for macOS and Windows: check out the full version history.
Owners of an MT Pro license, please log into your account (or create a new account) to download the new version. New users, check out the trial version.
We’ll be at Musikmesse next week in Frankfurt/Germany, and at Superbooth April 20-22 in Berlin. Would be great to meet you!
Florian and the Bome Team
PS: our apologies if you’ve received this notification twice. We’ve had some technical difficulties.
Hey gals and guys, we’ve just released the Bome Network tool for connecting to the BomeBox (mainly), and demonstrated some nice new MT Pro features at the NAMM Show two weeks ago.
With the Bome Network tool you connect your favorite DAW or other MIDI software to the BomeBox from a Windows or macOS computer. It works with Bome MIDI Translator Pro, too! It’s free for connecting to a BomeBox. Bome Network Pro costs EUR 29 and lets you connect from computer to computer, too (much like Apple’s network MIDI/RTP-MIDI).
At the NAMM Show in Anaheim, we’ve shown early versions of a couple of new features for MIDI Translator Pro:
- OSC actions: use OSC input and output actions in MT Pro projects for translating OSC to and from MIDI, or to mouse/keystrokes or even other OSC
- OSC Router: create flexible OSC routings for multiple OSC apps
- Improved MIDI Router: create routes from MIDI Output ports to another Output (duplicate MIDI output streams), from Input to Input (duplicate incoming MIDI data as if it comes from another port, too), or from Output to Input (feed it back to the router and the processing engine). This will facilitate many connection issues!
- Improved Serial Ports: your serial port settings are now stored in the project file, and the MIDI-over-serial feature has been greatly improved.
The best thing is: all these new features will also come to the BomeBox with a firmware upgrade! At NAMM, we’ve shown a smartphone running TouchOSC directly connected to the BomeBox via its built-in WiFi, where we’ve been running an MT Pro project translating the OSC messages to MIDI, and playing a synthesizer connected via 5-pin DIN. No computer necessary for your performance!
Also, we will post an interim update of MT Pro to fix a few compatibility issues with macOS “Sierra” 10.12.
Florian and the Bome team
PS: check out some impressions of our NAMM booth on our Facebook page.
We have just released version 1.8.1 of Bome MIDI Translator Pro — with long-awaited new features and numerous bugs fixes *)
Moreover, our first hardware product, the BomeBox, is shipping! It is a versatile MIDI router, with USB, MIDI DIN, Ethernet, and WiFi connections. And the icing on the cake: you can load your MIDI Translator Pro projects into the box and it’ll run them with all your MIDI mappings, routes, timers,… without the need of a computer: MIDI Translator Pro in a box! Check it out.
If you own a license of MIDI Translator Pro, please register or log in to download the latest version. Otherwise, download the trial version for Windows and macOS now!
Florian and the Bome Team
- Tray / menu bar icon
- Keystroke Input action: added Key Sequence and Text modes
- Keystroke Action: enter special keys using a list (media keys, Alt-Down, Alt-Up, etc.)
- Improved keyboard navigation and screen reader support
- Improved command line usage
- Windows: screen reader support
- 100% compatible with previous project files
Full version history…
The Bome Team is happy to announce version 1.8 of Bome MIDI Translator Pro!
This version introduces powerful new features and many enhancements:
- New single window user interface on Windows
- No MIDI hex codes anymore (unless you like them): simple MIDI message selection
- Improved virtual port naming
- AppleScript support (on OS X)
- Full serial port support
- New options for keystroke emulation
- Improved performance
- 100% compatible with previous project files (except for WM_ actions)
- Full version history…
You can download the trial version for Windows and OS X now!
If you own a license of MIDI Translator Pro and you have not received the notification email, please log in to retrieve your license key and to download the latest version.
And make sure to check out the video outlining the user interface of this new version.
Florian and the Bome Team
At our booth at the NAMM Show 2015, we showed a few prototypes of the BomeBox in action.
See them here!
The production plan is on schedule (summer 2015), we’ll notify you when the BomeBox is available for purchase.
And we’re working very hard on finalizing the next version 1.8 of MIDI Translator Pro!
All the best,
Contact us now to meet Florian Bomers, founder, at Musikmesse, Frankfurt, Germany from April 15 to 18. See the final BomeBox prototype and the upcoming MIDI Translator Pro version 1.8!
We’re happy to present the BomeBox, a small friendly box to connect devices via MIDI, USB, Ethernet, and WiFi, using the full mapping and processing power of Bome MIDI Translator Pro. Check it out at the NAMM Show 2015 in booth #1086 (hall E)!
Florian and the Bome team!
We’ve released version 1.7.2 of Bome’s Midi Translator Pro!
With this release, the Windows and the OS X versions have an identical feature set. They even have the same version
number from now on!
Apart of that, version 1.7.2 has a number of new exciting features and bug fixes, most notably:
– mouse movement and click emulation — now on OS X, too
– delay Outgoing Actions directly (without the use of timers)
– use variables in Outgoing Mouse action
– improved performance and stability
For a full list of changes, see:
Version History – OS X
Version History – Windows
And now, as always: happy translating!
Florian, Ruediger, and partners
We’ve just released Midi Translator Pro 1.7.2 beta with some new features and bug fixes. In particular, now the OS X version has the same feature set as the Windows version. Finally!
Please test and report back in the forums, or file a bug report.
We’ve just released Midi Translator Pro 1.6.3 for OS X with many new features and bug fixes.
A comprehensive test is available on Tutoriels MAO, in French. Complete with a few step-by-step examples and a French translation of the program interface.
This is an interim release: it has almost all features of the Windows 1.7.1 version. It also includes all features of the last OS X 1.7 beta. Download here.
Midi Translator Pro 1.7.0 beta 8 for OS X is out now!