capture > create > control
Sound on Sound magazine, March 2009
With our software Bome MIDI Translator Pro, you can control your computer from MIDI devices or other devices. For example: you can control your favorite software with a MIDI control surface, use MIDI turntables with arbitrary DJ software, map MIDI messages to other MIDI messages, and much more.
The Bome Team is happy to announce version 1.8 of Bome MIDI Translator Pro!
This version introduces powerful new features and many enhancements:
- New single window user interface on Windows
- No MIDI hex codes anymore (unless you like them): simple MIDI message selection
- Improved virtual port naming
- AppleScript support (on OS X)
- Full serial port support
- New options for keystroke emulation
- Improved performance
- 100% compatible with previous project files (except for WM_ actions)
- Full version history…
If you own a license of MIDI Translator Pro and you have not received the notification email, please ask for your free update.
And make sure to check out the video outlining the user interface of this new version.
Florian and the Bome Team
PS: BomeBox production will start soon!
translating in action
- Kid beyond is using Midi Translator [how to]
- Step sequencing with Midi Translator
- Power user shows APC40 in action
- Tutorial for controlling Traktor's Remix Decks with Novation Launchpad
- Musica Universalis ("sound juggling")
- A drummer's dream