Akai APC40 Serato and light

dounounba

2011-01-21 15:21:25

Is there is more news to have light feedback on APC40 with Serato?

Attigo

2011-01-23 20:25:40

This should work anyway right? Or are you NOT talking about using it with the bridge?

Scott

dounounba

2011-01-24 10:01:28

No I am talking to use it with scrath live, in order to control, FX, SP6, loop...

Attigo

2011-01-24 10:09:06

MIDI Feedback is something that Serato implement specially for controllers they collaborate with. It is not a feature available to end users...

Scott

dounounba

2011-01-24 10:44:55

I read posts on serato forum from users which manage to map and have light with a x1 using bome. I thought it could be the same for APC40...

Attigo

2011-01-25 00:12:43

Well if you have some sort of data on this then share it and I can help you implement it in Midi Translator...

cheers,
Scott

dounounba

2011-01-25 00:43:19

I follow a post from serato wrote by F.L.O
So recently somone told me good luck with getting BOMES MIDI TRANSLATOR to work if you wernt fluient with midi translation. i found out how to do it BUT, without actually buying BOMES, you only get a 20 min window for this to work, then it will shut down and youll have to open it again. Now im using my TRAKTOR X1 with SERATO SCRATCH LIVE.

Now when i say getting Bomes to work with you X1, what i mean is that i am able to get the Lights to work in gate mode to light up when applying pressure to the specifics.

1st) goto http://www.bome.com and grab your self the free trial version. Download and Install

2nd) Open BOMES and wait for the little timer to countdown. Press Ok

3rd) Once open, Plug in your TRAKTOR X1.

4th) In BOMES goto the task bar on the top and click on MIDI and select "Project Defult Ports" and once that opens you should have your TRAKTOR X1 on both the Midi In and Midi Out sides. Select Both and press ok

5th) Go back to the Taskbar and select MIDI again. Now goto Routing Midi (thru). Once opened youll see all the sides for the Midi in and outs. All i did here was drag a line from the Midi in of the x1 to the midi out of x1. once thats done you should just have a little line connecting the two. Select ok.

6th) Again go back to Midi on the Task Bar and select Present Defult Ports. Once thats opened youll see 2 choices above each of the imput and output sections. Select specific ports for both of them then select you X1 for the both of them. once thats done select ok.

And that should be it. I did this to my controlle as i was writing this and it works being im pressing them right now and all works dandy. i say again this is only to have your lights work on Gate mode as you apply pressure to the buttons and they will only work for 20 minuits.

Hope this works and Enjoy.
The bad thing is that I can't success sixht step, Present Default Ports is in grey... I try again the process several time but it doesn't work...

Attigo

2011-01-25 01:07:40

I think this is just giving light to X1 from Bomes, feeding back from the X1, not actually sent from Scratch Live...

Scott

dounounba

2011-01-25 01:49:30

Ok so is ti possible to do the same with APC?

Attigo

2011-01-25 20:21:42

Yes, you can see a set of the messages and values to control the APC LEDs in a previous post, third post from the bottom is an attachment.

http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... it=nem0nic

cheers,
Scott

dounounba

2011-02-07 03:45:29

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I manage to change led light, but I failed to hold led light. Any Idea? Which type of code should I edit?

Attigo

2011-02-07 07:42:56

Hi dounoumba,

How is it acting? Turns Red when you press, then off when you release? Maybe you are sending A Note ON on Press and a Note OFF on release? You can make this a toggle button with the use of Global Variables...

Scott

dounounba

2011-02-07 14:13:35

Hi that's exactly what I'm trying to do. In outgoing I change 90 35 7F midi message by 90 35 03 gg. Thus, led hold green, but when I press it again, it stay green wheras I would like it turns off.

Would you explain me how to parameter a toggle button?

brad thrashin

2011-08-31 09:53:34

Hello I have been using my apc40 with scratchlive similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE78r2MEtjY already but the lights dont light up and it's starting to kill me! I want to see color. So I have tried to back track what he did and have read and posted to both ableton and scratchlives forum with no luck which lead me here.

Is there a way to do this with Bomes? If so can I get some help on what to do? Thanks.

Attigo

2011-09-06 21:05:07

Hi brad thrashin,

To get LED feedback, you need some script in the MIDI .xml file. You should be able to work from the links above in finding out how to implement these.

thanks,
Scott

12twlv

2012-12-28 20:12:30

Yo, did anyone get this to work ? Trying to do the same thing. Want to make sure it works before i proceed.

DvlsAdvct

2013-01-08 01:20:12

Hey 12twly

This is totally doable. You need to set your controller to passthrough to Serato, and then write all of your MIDI feedback in Bomes so when you hit a button it will light up appropriately. Keep in mind it becomes very difficult to store data for later (like play states, loop states, FX states, etc.) because Serato does not feed information back. But you can at least set momentary commands so it changes when you press a button, or for state changes as needed.

Does that make any sense?