MIDI CC-->Mouse Drag

bg

2006-09-02 19:43:29

Mouse movements/clicks as Outgoing Action

I see mouse movements/clicks is being worked on. I have a suggestion/request that may be different.

The VST plugin Kantos, for example, has on-screen controls which cannot be automated by MIDI. You have to click-and-drag the on-screen sliders with the mouse. I am imagining a feature in MT called something like "Define Drag Region..." where the user would be prompted to click-drag a region. Typically the region would be the travel of an on-screen slider or knob. Then the user would be prompted to enter a MIDI CC number. MT would then move the on-screen slider/knob in response to incoming MIDI CC.

In order for a feature like this to work properly, the "Drag Region" would obviously have to be relative to the window that's being addressed. In other words, once an on-screen control is defined, the user should be able to re-postion the window (e.g. the VST plugin) and maintain the same MIDI-to-screen relationship.

I hope this makes sense.

florian

2006-09-05 00:30:03

Hi,

this definitely makes sense. It is somewhat specific, and it could be already done with the current implementation: you can separately press down a button and move the mouse. But of course it would be quite inconvenient to set up. I'll add it to the feature requests.

Regards,
Florian

bg

2006-09-05 15:51:07

Thanks for the reply and for considering the request!

OiMutz

2008-01-14 04:39:13

I have to say, this will be a stunning feature. I'll be jumping for joy if this gets implemented. Count me in for any beta testing. It may be harder to do in some DAW's (Like Cubase) where the windows don't use standard Window handles etc.
I'm using REAPER, which has transparent window titles and VST.
The audio community has been waiting a long time for something like this.

florian

2008-01-14 11:27:25

Hi OiMutz,

the latest version, 1.6.0, has Mouse emulation! You should check it out.

Regards,
Florian