GT100 controlling Kaosillator Pro

jord

2014-05-06 15:56:22

Good day, i was just wondering if someone can help me with this topic, i want to do something like controlling Kaosillator Pro's loop recorder banks' using my GT100 through midi? GT100 can only transmit CCs 1-31, 64-95 , but kaosillator pro's recorder banks can only be triggered? or externally controlled by assigning a note, If anyone has an idea, pls help.
i really want to use the kaos for live but im a gtr player so my hands are occupied already, pls help me discover how it can be done?
thank you all so much \m/

DvlsAdvct

2014-05-07 06:54:51

Hi jord

What you want to do is totally possible. After you have assigned the commands to the Kaossilator, you need to connect the GT100 to a computer running Bomes MT and then back out to the Kaossilator. Once that's done you can create a patch in MT that receives any CC and sends out any note command. It would be as simple as:

Code: Select all

Translator 1: Patch 1 Trigger
Incoming Message: B0 01 pp
Outgoing Message: 90 37 pp
What this would do is take any incoming message from CC 1 on Channel 1 at any velocity and then send it out as Channel 1 Note G3 (in this example) at the same velocity.

Make sense?

jord

2014-05-07 07:36:19

hi, good day to you, thanks for your reply and help, is Bomes MT a software? is it free? and where can i get it? thanks again \m/ ^_^ im not that knowledgeable in midi.

DvlsAdvct

2014-05-07 17:22:15

Hi jord

Yes, Bome MIDI Translator is a software which you can purchase from our website. There is a free version which may serve your purposes called MIDI Translator Classic. If all you need to do is change simple on/off messages from your stomp box to different on/off messages to send to your Koassilator that will work fine. If you need anything more advanced, like creating logic using rules, then you will need the paid version.

Thanks
Jared