The BomeBox is the solution for connecting and mapping devices via MIDI, Ethernet, WiFi, and USB (without the need of a computer). Cross-connect USB-MIDI devices (powered by the BomeBox), MIDI 5-pin DIN, other BomeBoxes, Allen & Heath professional mixers, and computers.
In conjunction with the desktop software Bome MIDI Translator Pro (sold separately), you can create powerful MIDI and serial port mappings and logic. A computer is only needed for creating the mapping. Once it is loaded into the BomeBox, a computer is not necessary for operation. Note that Bome MIDI Translator Pro is not included with the BomeBox. All MIDI routing and MIDI network functionality can be accessed without Bome MIDI Translator Pro, and you can run project files from someone who owns a license of MT Pro. But if you want to create or edit your own mappings, you will need to purchase a license of Bome MIDI Translator Pro, too.
Delivery of the BomeBox is without cables and without a power supply.
- a Power-over-Ethernet power source, like this recommended PoE injector, or a network switch with PoE ports.
A PoE power source usually provides the most stable power for attaching multiple devices using a passive hub.
- a micro USB power supply (2.5A, world / 2A for EU countries) or another standard cell phone charger with micro USB plug.
This type of power supply is not recommended if you want to attach multiple USB devices using a passive/non-powered USB hub.
- a powered USB hub, for example D-LINK powered hub (EU countries)
Use the hub to power the USB devices and the BomeBox. This is a good option for using multiple USB devices.
- an external battery like this APC battery pack
- Connect MIDI devices: MIDI cable (0.9m/1.8m)
- Add USB ports: passive USB hub or powered USB hub
- Add MIDI ports: Roland USB-MIDI interface
- Connect Serial Ports: use USB-to-serial adapters
- Create powerful MIDI mappings: Bome MIDI Translator Pro
- Connect via Ethernet: Ethernet Switch
MIDI Connection from a Computer
For creating Network MIDI connections via Ethernet and/or WiFi to a computer, use the Bome Network tool.
→ Bome Network Tool
For more info, please see the complete product specification.