Currently, there is no beta version available.
On this page you will find latest pre-release versions of Midi Translator for OS X.
This beta version 1.6.3 is an updated version of 1.6.2 for OS X. Most notably, it features Keystroke as Incoming Action and is therefore approaching the 1.7 feature set.
All beta versions are time limited. They run for 90 days from initial release of that particular beta version. The expiration date is shown each time you start the beta version.
Note: this 90-day time-out is not a trial time-out.
Trial vs. Full Version
The trial version only runs for 20 minutes at a time. During that trial time, you can work with the program using all features, but after 20 minutes it quits. You can restart it as often as you want. To unlock, please purchase Bome’s Midi Translator Pro here.
Users who have purchased a license of Midi Translator Pro can download the full version.
Note: the full version will not run if you don’t have a valid license key!
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), or 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion)
Note: Keystroke Input requires Leopard or later
- Intel or PPC CPU
1.6.3 Beta 1 (as compared to 1.6.2):
- incoming keystroke action
- Log Window: display time stamp (in milliseconds)
- added: cut/copy/paste of preset
- fix keyboard shortcuts for presets and translators
- improved user manual
- engine: better multi-threading (for multi-core CPUs)
- automatic aliases for virtual ports: “Bome Virtual Port 1”
- nicer MIDI message display with decimal value
- installer: background image and Applications shortcut
- in an Incoming or Outgoing translator entry, any specific
MIDI port settings are removed when changing the MIDI message
- virtual port does not work unless out port is opened
- 100% CPU usage when using virtual ports
- formatting numbers as string (e.g. outgoing action “execute
file”), “X” format is not recognized
- MIDI message name: note “B” is displayed without octave number
- MIDI message name: channel is not displayed
- set OUT action to None, removing the action does not work
- TEST TIMER button in timer outgoing action: does not work
- many small and cosmetic improvements