This forum is read-only. Please post new topics in our Q&A forum.

using mouse keyboard with acid 5

General discussion about Bome's Mouse Keyboard

Moderator: florian

Jay_eM
New User

using mouse keyboard with acid 5

Post by Jay_eM » Sat May 14, 2005 1:32 pm

Is it possible to use bome's mouse keyboard with acid pro 5 to control soft synths? I have tried using midiyoke but cannot get it to work. If it can be done, how? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Red Dye
User

Post by Red Dye » Sat May 14, 2005 6:31 pm

I'm having trouble getting it to work for Reason 3 also.

florian
Bome Software: Founder

Post by florian » Sat May 14, 2005 7:08 pm

I don't own Acid so it's hard for me to answer this. Maybe you can find out how to do it by reading the existing tutorials how to use Bome's Mouse Keyboard with Cubase, Reason, and Sonar?

http://www.bome.com/midi/keyboard/help/

Florian

PS: I'm working on a tutorial for Reason 3. It'll be ready tonight or tomorrow.

florian
Bome Software: Founder

Post by florian » Sun May 15, 2005 12:39 am

The tutorial for usage with Reason 3 is available here:
http://www.bome.com/midi/keyboard/help/rsn3_tut.php

It features a downloadable installer for tight integration into Reason.

Enjoy!
Florian

JohnnyRoy
New User

Post by JohnnyRoy » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:51 pm

I've added a tutorial to my web site on how to configure Bome MIDI Keyboard and Sony ACID so that they work together. You can find it here.

BTW, Bome MIDI Keyboard is an outstanding little utility. Great work guys!

~jr

aggrable
New User

I read the tutorial, still not working

Post by aggrable » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:38 am

Alright. This is a GREAT utility. I started using the "keyboard" on acid but got frustrated when I realized that I'd have to "click" out my melody on my mouse. Bad design flaw on Sony's part. ENTER Bome MK.

The problem is... I read "Roy's" tutorial, did EXACTLY what it told me to do, restarted the computer and went into Acid. When I click on "insert soft synth", it still only gives me one option and that is the cheesy mouse-click keyboard that ships with Acid. No MK.

What am I doin' wrong?

joesapo
Bome Forum Moderator

Re: I read the tutorial, still not working

Post by joesapo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:16 pm

aggrable wrote:Alright. This is a GREAT utility. I started using the "keyboard" on acid but got frustrated when I realized that I'd have to "click" out my melody on my mouse. Bad design flaw on Sony's part. ENTER Bome MK.

The problem is... I read "Roy's" tutorial, did EXACTLY what it told me to do, restarted the computer and went into Acid. When I click on "insert soft synth", it still only gives me one option and that is the cheesy mouse-click keyboard that ships with Acid. No MK.

What am I doin' wrong?
Bome's Mouse Keyboard isn't a soft synth. Soft synths are normally VST instrument plugins, whereas Bome's MK is a completely external program.

I don't have a copy of Acid, so I can't say for sure, but it sounds like you don't have any soft synths installed to actually _control_ thru Acid using Mouse Keyboard...

Try installing a couple of VST instruments such as Crystal or Triangle II (you can find some excellent free ones by visiting KVR Audio) and then try adding one of those and playing MK.

Good luck! :D