Sounds?

zum

2006-11-15 13:55:06

Is there any patches for the program?
I dont use MK when i make music, I just play with in school when I dont have anything else to do!

I'm starting to get borded with the pianosound... is there any 80's synthsound? or something else?

florian

2006-11-16 09:11:48

Hi,

there are 2 options:

- change the "program" should change the sound
- in Mouse Keyboard 2: load a patch set (menu Patches|Choose Patch Set) and go to the "Patch Scripts" subfolder of the installation directory of Mouse Keyboard. Then you can choose an instrument by name in the Patches menu.

Florian

zum

2006-11-16 09:14:10

where can i find these patches? i dont have anyone of these on my computer.

florian

2006-11-16 09:41:43

Actually the sounds are provided by your synthesizer, usually Microsoft's software synthesizer delivered with DirectSound, or the synthesizer built into your soundcard. You can use the "program" up/down control to change that program, it's usually a General MIDI set:
http://www.midi.org/about-midi/gm/gm1sound.shtml
You can use Shift+PageUp/Shift+PageDown keys to change the program.

Mouse Keyboard version 2 implements Cubase's patch set system, so that you can select the instruments by their actual name. A standard installation of Mouse Keyboard 2 beta 6 will install this file:
"C:\Program Files\Bome's Mouse Keyboard\Patch Scripts\gm names.txt"
Open that file with the menu "Patches|Choose Patch Set...". Now the Patch listbox should list all the General MIDI names.
You can use PageUp/PageDown to change the current patch.

Does that work now?
Regards,
Florian