TOTALLY CONFUSED VCI-100 USER

thictool

2008-01-01 10:20:47

Ok i have bought Bomes Midi Pro Edition and installed midi yoke...

and now in totally confused...

I did figure out how to configure it all correctly, with setting them all up to communicate with one another...

but..

I cant seem to wrap my (small) brain around the concept...

After hours of trying this is what I came up with....

I think the Bome program will allow me to go through the VCI-100 buttons, Jogs and faders and map them through a midi yoke channel (like, midi yoke 1).....then once I do that, I can use the Traktor Midi Learn Key assignment to make more specific commands to those buttons, jogs and faders to work the commands of Traktor.

Im assuming the idea is to get multable (or different) values for lets say...a Jog Wheel for instance....

Im really confused about the TKS file and how that plays into the formula.....Im thinking that once the button jogs and faders are mapped thru MT than they can be used within the accaull Traktor midi learn???? Is this correct???

I just wanted to know if im on the right track with the general idea, before I move on....

Can anyone point me in the right direction to help me specifically use Bome Midi Translator, Traktor 3.3, VCI-100 and Windows XP ?

Website blogs....or even a forum responce?

Im not looking for anyone to hold my hand here......just need to be pointed in the right direction....