More controls for Reason

sceyefeye

2007-06-27 11:07:15

Firstly am loving this keyboard more and more and more each time I use it

Was just wondering if there is a way to move focus up and down the sequencer tracks in the reason sequencer. I am able to do this with my Novation X-Station (though I haven't had it set up recently so can't tell if it is a MIDI command or something else running out over the USB connection).

While on the topic, apparently the Novation Remote SL has a tap tempo function too, which reason does respond to in the master tempo.

Both of these would be nice to have if at all possible

florian

2007-07-02 10:31:14

Hi,

thanks!

the mouse keyboard does not offer a way to move the focus up and down, maybe some MIDI buttons in MK would be nice? And the tap tempo button on the novation remote is calculating the tempo on its own and sending the tempo sync messages to Reason, so unfortunately that requires a little more logic than just sending MIDI messages.

Regards,
Florian

sceyefeye

2007-07-04 12:21:21

florian wrote:Hi,

thanks!

the mouse keyboard does not offer a way to move the focus up and down, maybe some MIDI buttons in MK would be nice?
This would be awesome! If you need I can connect up my X-Station and run MIDI-OX to see if there are MIDI messages going through and perhaps what they are
And the tap tempo button on the novation remote is calculating the tempo on its own and sending the tempo sync messages to Reason, so unfortunately that requires a little more logic than just sending MIDI messages.
No problem this only occurred to me while I was thinking about the Novation keyboards in general. Not sure if I would use it that much anyhow.

But now that I have your attention :twisted: what are the chances of getting transport control buttons? i.e. the start stop record etc

BTW I am quite impressed that BMK shows up along with the hardware controllers in Reason. I have tried some other virtual keyboards that do register when I configure reason to use them, but nothing as polished as what you have done.

FreeBee

2007-10-16 21:37:24

sceyefeye wrote:BTW I am quite impressed that BMK shows up along with the hardware controllers in Reason. I have tried some other virtual keyboards that do register when I configure reason to use them, but nothing as polished as what you have done.
Yeah, Amazing, isn't it? Clearly some Propellerheads are also using BMK, and they must be impressed with its features as well. And all it costs us is a postcard and a stamp.

(begin edit)
What? They know Florian well! In the credits of ReBirth-338, they accuse him of having made a "significant contribution to the 'mod' culture" :) Maybe you can elaborate on that, Florian?
(end edit)

If I ever happen to meet Florian in person, I'm going to buy him a beer. He deserves it :D

florian

2007-10-18 16:10:20

FreeBee wrote:What? They know Florian well! In the credits of ReBirth-338, they accuse him of having made a "significant contribution to the 'mod' culture" :) Maybe you can elaborate on that, Florian?
Check out About Restorator.

I've been in contact with the Propellerhead guys every now and then, great people!

Florian

PS: I'm always up for a beer, or a glass of wine 8)