Can i do these things?

klerg

2007-06-11 22:50:46

Can i sustain (hold) notes down? If yes, can i play more notes WHILE others are sustained? Also, Can i use a Gamepad (here's a picture of one) instead of a joystick, to adjust a MIDI controller in realtime? Last, but not least, can i control MORE than 2 MIDI controllers at the same time? Where's the manual for this program?

Thanks.

florian

2007-06-17 20:28:25

klerg wrote:Can i sustain (hold) notes down? If yes, can i play more notes WHILE others are sustained?
Using the mouse gives 2 special modes:
  • pitching mode with the right mouse button (moving left/right changes pitch, up/down changes modulation)
  • hold mode with the Ctrl key held down: those key(s) will stay down until another note is played with the mouse.
With the computer keyboard, you cannot sustain notes, directly. But you can play sustained notes with the mouse and play along with the computer keyboard.

Another option is to use the sustain controller: assign controller 65 (Sustain) to a knob, or to the mouse wheel. Now any value lower than 64 will be unsustained, and any value above will be sustained (sustain pedal). Using the mouse for that might be a good option.
klerg wrote:Also, Can i use a Gamepad (here's a picture of one) instead of a joystick, to adjust a MIDI controller in realtime?
Yes, my Logitech gamepad works fine, except the buttons can only be used as "shift".
klerg wrote:Last, but not least, can i control MORE than 2 MIDI controllers at the same time?
You can define arbitrary controllers for these controls:
  • 20 knobs
  • up/down in mouse pitching mode
  • left/right in mouse pitching mode
  • joystick 1 and joystick 2: each left/right and up/down
  • joystick 1 and joystick 2: 2 controllers each with buttons 1,2, or 3 pressed
  • mouse wheel
klerg wrote:Where's the manual for this program?
The latest version 2.00 (released last week) includes a manual. You can also read it online here.

Hope that helps!
Florian