Newbie guide for BCD2000 with Traktor?

florian

2007-01-07 22:05:49

I got the following request:
I am using Traktor 3.2 and the Behringer BCD2000. As you can imagine, I wish to use both of them together.

florian

2007-01-07 22:08:59

Hi,

unfortunately I can't really help you much myself. We're working on a manual for Midi Translator to ease the learning curve. But I have neither Traktor nor the BCD2000 device for specific help. Maybe someone else with that configuration can jump into this discussion.

As a general outline, it works like this:

- download Midi Translator Pro demo 1.5 from
http://www.bome.com/midi/translator/download.html
- install it. In
"C:\Program Files\Bome's Midi Translator\Presets Pro" you'll find:
- "BCD2000 (V1.1.1.0) and TRAKTOR 3.bmtp": to be opened in
Midi Translator Pro
- "BCD2000 (V1.1.1.0) and TRAKTOR 3.tks" to be opened in
Traktor
- "BCD2000 (V1.1.1.0) and TRAKTOR 3.pdf" a quick guide how
to install.
- also install a virtual MIDI device, like Yoke, see
paragraph 1.1 here:
http://www.bome.com/midi/keyboard/help/rsn3_tut.php

If there's anything that doesn't work, please reply to this forum thread. Bome.com staff and other people may have the right solution for you. Please be as specific as possible where you don't know what to do next. Usually, there are too many possibilities what can be wrong than to be able to reply to a general request.

Thanks, and good luck!
Florian

PS: a positive side effect of using the forum is that others who have the same problem will be able to find their solution here, or to join the discussion.

Mauro80

2007-08-04 20:14:26

Hi guys, new one here. Just bought a BCD2000, did all this and worked on the first time with Traktor 3.
After using it for some minutes, somehow BCD and Traktor got like disconected, I mean, I moved knowb and everything...nothing happened.
I restarted tried it again...it did not worked. Tried again, worked but after some minutes, again the same thing.
Did anyone here experienced that?
Thanks for the help!

Other thing, I would like to use BCD with Ableton 6. Any tips on how to do that?
LateR!

florian

2007-08-10 10:21:20

hmm, that should not happen. Can you check out MT's log if it's still active after Traktor stops responding?

Check out the Ableton threads in this forum for more info on controlling Ableton.

Thanks,
Florian