Will move from Windows to Mac version of MT be painless?

gabriels

2013-12-14 08:59:18

Hi,
I've been using MT for almost 4 years now, and have bmtp's that I'm very happy with. I'm currently using a Windows computer, but would like to move to a Mac. When I translate my bmtp's, will the result run exactly as it does on the windows machine?
By the way, I run two instances of MT Pro simultaneously. There may be a way to do what I'm doing on with one instance instead of two, but the solution has eluded me, and my solution works.
Thanks,
Gabriel

DvlsAdvct

2013-12-14 17:58:30

Hi Gabriel

The move should be painless. The only piece that may throw you off is the GUI has been redesigned in the Mac version to be more streamlined. Other than that you should be perfectly fine. :)

What is causing you to need two instances of MT running? Maybe we can find a smoother solution?

Thanks
Jared

gabriels

2013-12-14 20:18:51

Hi Jared,
Thanks for the quick reply, and of course, I'm happy that the move to the Mac version will be transparent.
I was afraid (yet hoping) that you'd ask why I need to use two instances of MT. It's been a few months since I put the finishing touches on my bmtp's, so I'll have to revisit them in order to give you an intelligible answer...but I will certainly do so soon.
Thanks,
Gabriel

DvlsAdvct

2013-12-15 05:49:30

I completely understand. If it's something you want to take a :oops: at figuring out we can. Honestly, you may have figured out the best solution anyway :)