No output in Ableton Live

WayneC

2006-12-18 06:38:58

I'm almost there..

I'm trying to program my laptop's delete key to work with a pad from my DrumKat. The Drumkat is a midi device, each pad has a separate midi note.

So far, in BOM I have the input configured to the Firebox that the Drumkat is connected to(Firebox midi in). I have the output configured to NT1. I programmed the drum pad into a preset via midi capture, and set the keystroke as the delete key. So far, so good.

In Ableton Live I set a midi channel to receive midi in from NT1. I don't get any midi input from the drumpad, and the drum pad does not trigger the delete key.

When I remove BOM, I can use the Drum pad via the Firebox Midi In with no problems.

I'm sorta lost here. What am I missing?

Thanks. If I can get this to work I will be KING OF THE UNIVERSE!

Wayne

florian

2006-12-19 16:03:04

Hi,

you can use the LED's in MT to see if it receives MIDI, and if it's "translating" (i.e. input action is triggered). By default in version 1.5 (and later), keystrokes will only be emitted if MT is currently not active, so you need to switch to Ableton so that the DEL key is actually sent to it.

Quick checklist:
- in MT, MIDI IN is set to Firebox
- in MT, MIDI OUT is set to Yoke NT1
- in MT, Options|MIDI Thru is enabled (so that other MIDI signals get
passed on to MIDI OUT).
- in Ableton Live, MIDI IN is set to Yoke NT1

If it's still not working, you may start first with a different keystroke (e.g. "A") and see if a text editor will display the A if you trigger it via the drumkat.

Regards,
Florian