Having trouble figuring this out...

jhenkins84

2013-11-29 02:21:34

I'm using a Launchpad thru Midi Translator, into Martin M-PC.

I'm trying to make a toggle to switch between two different modes with the Launchpad. With the toggle off, I would like to send the standard Launchpad MIDI notes, not modifying anything. When I turn the toggle on, I want the Launchpad to output a bunch of keyboard presses. I have figured out how to program the keyboard presses, I just haven't been able to comprehend how to program the toggle to switch between the two modes. I would also like this toggle button to light up when turned on.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated!!

DvlsAdvct

2013-12-02 02:44:04

Hi jhenkins84

You will want to use three different presets, one with all of your keystrokes, one for your MIDI passthrough, and one final preset to hold all of the switch controls. For the example, we'll call the three presets Preset Switch / MIDI PassThrough / Keystroke

In the first preset you will have three translators, one for the MIDI command and two for activating the presets

Code: Select all

Translator 1: Switch Presets
Incoming Message: 90 00 7F
Rules: g0=g0+1
if g0>=2 then g0=0
Outgoing Message: Switch Preset Timer

Translator 2: Activate MIDI PassThrough
Incoming Message: Switch Preset Timer
Rules: if g0!=0 then exit rules, skip outgoing action
Outgoing Message: Activate Preset MIDI PassThrough

Translator 3: Activate Keystroke
Incoming Message: Switch Preset Timer
Rules: if g0!=1 then exit rules, skip outgoing action
Outgoing Message: Activate Preset Keystroke
And then in each of those two presets put a translator which is On Activation of This Preset then Deactivate the Other Preset.

In the preset you want the button to light up on put a translator that reads

Code: Select all

Translator 1: Light On
Incoming Message: One Activation of This Preset
Outgoing Message: 90 00 7F
And in the opposing translator put a 90 00 00 message.

Replace the MIDI Message I provided with whatever the message you want to use. Make sense?

J