Pro Tools (Windows) not responding to Keystrokes

t0nes

2013-11-20 23:31:04

Hello,

I've build some presets on mac for Pro Tools and they include some keystrokes. Pro Tools responds correct to the keystrokes MT is producing.
However when I test the presets on windows, the keystrokes don't have any effect.
I adapted the keystrokes so they match the Pro Tools shortcuts for Windows.
When I perform the keystroke on the Qwerty keyboard, Pro Tools responds correct.

Also, when I have Word in focus the keystrokes appear on-screen so Midi Translator works correct.

Does anyone knows settings in Pro Tools or Windows which could block the keystrokes?

Thanks,

Tom

DvlsAdvct

2013-11-21 03:02:49

Actually, I'm going to edit this.

How are your translators set up? What are the keystrokes you are trying to process? You can attach the project here if it would be easier.

Thanks
Jared

t0nes

2013-11-21 16:06:46

Hi Jared,

I'll attach a portion of the presets. Here you can see a couple of keystrokes triggered by midi.
The Folder-track view translator works ok, it's just the "-" key.
The next one is a keystroke for switching the input monitor. This one doesn't work.
Then comes Previous track view. This one results in the wrong command, it seems that only Ctrl + left-arrow arrives at Pro Tools
Idem for the last one.

Thanks for your help!

Tom
Attachments
CMC only keystrokes WIN.bmtp
(1.22 KiB) Downloaded 268 times

DvlsAdvct

2013-11-21 16:45:43

According to the Pro-Tools manual you need to use the Alt key, not the Windows key, which is how the translators are appearing on my end except for the Input Monitor, which looks correct. I can see the keystroke triggering on my end for the Input Monitor, so maybe it is a focus issue? I'm not 100% sure on it, though.

Try it with the Alt keys, not the Windows keys and tell me what happens.

Jared

t0nes

2013-11-21 21:52:13

Hello Jared,

Thanks for the input.
However the Alt key is not the solution.
Change to Previous/ next Track view on Windows is CTRl+Start+ left/right arrow

I tried another keystroke, Duplicate track : Alt+Shift+D
On the keyboard it works fine.
When perform the keystroke from MT nothing happens, however I see a brief flickering in the menu bar: The capitals from the menu items get an underline for a very short moment.
I just discovered that Word and Midi Translator are having these underlines all the time and Pro Tools not!

As you sad, maybe some focus issues is going on?

Thanks, Tom

DvlsAdvct

2013-11-21 22:11:02

Hi Tom

For your incoming signal, instead of the 7F can you set it to pp? That way it recognizes the press and release?

Thanks
J

t0nes

2013-11-21 23:29:59

Hi Jared,

Just did it, but no success. Now MT just perform the same action twice, on press and release.

Thanks Tom