Change Second APC 40 fader to midi ch. 2 ?

Sebastian R.

2013-10-25 02:15:40

Hi, I use a APC 40 for track 1-8 with Standard remote script , and mapped the 8 Volume Fader to the first 8 Send E' this bring's the Audio Signal to Send E and from there to the Master (Bus)
..thats all
to control the Volume with the Send amount and to have a better control
over the fader maximum or highest Position.

The Problem is that the second APC 40 Fadens now control the Sends E from track1-8 and not track 9-16 how the red Track Box show.

Now I found entry s in the forum that show a lot of codeing , to bring one or both APC 40 to Bomes M T. ...

I Work with Bcr 2000 and know a Little bit about midi but this is TOTALLY new .

I read the manual but its all theoratical hard stuff...but I know now a lot thinks must be done to have the Mapping possiblity on the second APC 40..and a lot questions ..
...? Hacks bome midi Translator into the APC 40 midi conection ??
So that the Inputs in Ableton forthcoming again the APC 40 Inputs ..or must the bomes Ports activated in Ableton .
WFG S.R.

DvlsAdvct

2013-10-25 16:46:08

Hi Sebastian

I did a little googling, and on the Ableton forums I found this thread whici describes simply decoupling APC40s so they can work independent of each other. I think that might do what you need without any fancy work in MT.

Let me know if that works
Thanks
Jared

Sebastian R.

2013-11-13 17:00:49

Hi,
Thats change nothing on the APC 40 midi ch. Settings ..both dcontroller Sends on midi ch. 1.
that means no Mapping without changing a parametr again on the other APC 40 .
I buy the bome M.T. to bring one of the APC s midi Data thru bome M.T, and change the mute, solo and record arm Buttons and fader to Send on midi ch. 15.. I buy this Bome M.T. Programm without test it . And I hoped that help files pre builded come with the Programm to fix fast the Problem I have..
but I found no help files for a APC 40 ...or remote Sl or Launchpad or ZeroMk2..Livid Code etc..
i google since a week how can adjust the translator but there is no People near by that know how this must be installed..
annoying for Novize.....and for this Price € ...no. Files insert!,,(Native Control much better)
P.s.
I found in a resolume Forum a post that show Code that can change the Byte for transmitted midi ch. .
But in this example case the Poster know nothing how the Feedback Led will works and so one...

Men I dont know what next any Programmer or code r here ..?
for a Bome file I pay what you want please bring's my APC 40 to work..
I will only change the APC 40 sending midi ch. how on a Bcr 2000 or Novation Mk II... But Akai say no..no Editor....no chance..

MfG SR.

DvlsAdvct

2013-11-14 00:05:09

It looks like you can't change the channels the APC40 sends on, but what you can do, once they are decoupled, is create a since translator in MT which will increase the channel of all signals. As far as I know, channels 1-8 are used by the APC40 across the controller. So what you would do is open up a new Project and create a single translator. Make sure the APC40 you want to augment is selected as your Default Port for the Input of that translator:

Code: Select all

Translator 1: Increase Channel
Incoming Message: pp qq rr
Rules: pp=pp+8
Outgoing Message: pp qq rr
That should be all you need. I would recommend activating one Bome Virtual MIDI Port and using that as your output for that single translator. Then, in your application of choice, set Virtual Port as the Input.

Does that make sense?
J