Shift-Click?

bradleyfishmusic

2013-10-21 08:35:33

Hi All,

How do you hold down shift, while left-clicking, in MT?

Thanks!

Bradley Fish
www.bradleyfish.com

DvlsAdvct

2013-10-22 18:54:35

Hi Bradley

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you trying to set a translator so when you hold down shift, left clicking does something different?

J

bradleyfishmusic

2013-10-22 19:34:08

Thanks!

I need an outgoing key stroke triggered by an incoming MIDI message.

I am trying to delete multiple clips in a row in Ableton live - by clicking on the left most clip, and then shift-clicking the right-most clip that I want to delete, which selects them, then backspace to delete them all. (This still leaves clips even further to the right alone.)

I just can't a held down shift while clicking effect in MT. Any ideas or workarounds?

Thanks!
Bradley fish
www.bradleyfish.com

DvlsAdvct

2013-10-24 15:07:24

Hi Bradley

Oh okay, I see what you're saying. I have an idea but I'm not sure if it will work.

You should be able to add a keystroke message to hold Shift on a Delay that is then cancelled after the Mouse click message is sent. You couldn't have the two messages sent at the same time, but instead have them sent separately. Does that make sense? I can draft it out if you need.

J

bradleyfishmusic

2013-10-24 18:43:22

Thanks - if you wouldn't mind mapping it out, I'd be grateful.

(Perhaps this could be an upcoming version feature request)

DvlsAdvct

2013-10-24 18:59:52

So I'm only going to work on the Shift + Click part, okay? If you need help implementing it into your existing workflow let me know. I'm don't have your project in front of me, after all.

Code: Select all

Translator 1: Shift
Incoming Message: 90 00 7F
Outgoing Message: Shift Keystroke Down

Translator 2: Click
Outgoing Message: Mouse Click 10ms Delay

Translator 3: Shift Up
Outgoing Message: Shift Keystroke Up 20ms Delay
You may need to play with the delays, and be sure not to hit the button too quickly too many times in a row, but it should allow a MIDI button to send the Shift command, the mouse click and then release the shift command as well. We don't want it to be a button action because if you release the button before the mouse click triggers it could cause the wrong action. This way it's all just tied to pressing the button down.

Does that make sense?
J

bradleyfishmusic

2013-10-24 20:10:59

It works!! Brilliant! Thank you so much!!!! :D
I've been trying to figure something like this out for a few years :lol:

Bradley Fish
http://www.bradleyfish.com