Hi All!!! Bomes, BCF2000, and GrandMA2onPC

burgoyne711

2013-10-09 23:24:33

Well, hello all. I think I have finally come to the correct place of learning.

I have been attempting now to hook up all three of these subjects now for over a few months and all I have for a tutorial is a youtube video in SPANISH!!! I only speak ENGLISH!!!

So, I am in desperate need of some help.

PLEASE!!!

Ok, now that I got the desperation out of the way, here is my problem.

I want to use the Behringer BCF 2000 with my free lighting program GrandMa2 onPC ... here is the link to the download. http://www.lightpower-files.de/Assets/gMA2onPC_[2.8.3][]_v2.8.3.1.exe

Grand MA is the leading lighting board in industry. So for the lighting world, this is the most relevant software to want to be able to use.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned earlier, there is no video tutorial in English anywhere to be found.

If someone, ANYONE!!!!, could please assist me in the synching up of the BCF2000 to the OnPC software, it would help not only me, but every aspiring lighting designer in the world! :D This would even inspire me to make a video for youtube once I myself can understand and wrap my head around what it is that Bomes MIDI translator is capable of!!!!!

So, anyone who knows at all, or would be willing to help a newbie out, please, by all means... reply back to this thread.

DvlsAdvct

2013-10-10 21:12:11

Hi burgoryne711

Sorry for the delay in response. Now I'll be receiving alerts every time there is a reply to this post.

So what are you looking to do?
J

burgoyne711

2013-10-11 04:45:43

Well, I am in need of a serious tutorial about what Bome's is and what exactly it is capable of, and yes, I have read the manual about halfway through, but I swear to God, I am a very visual learner, and at times just reading a manual does not ebb and flow correctly for me. :D

I mean I understand that it is a software controller, and really, I think all I need to know about it for my case is the most basic... emphasis on I think

But anyways, Here is what I want to do.

I have a Behringer BCF 2000 and a Novation Launchpad that I am so desperately trying to hook up to the MA lighting software GrandMA2onPC.

From my reading, it seems as though I might not be able to use Bomes for both of the controllers, but I really want to hook it up with the BCF2000.

I have watched a video tutorial in spanish over and over on how to hook it up but I cannot for the life of me figure it out. God I wish I carried on my spanish education... :D

So, I dont know if there is any way we might be able to do a Skype chat one day and try and bang this out, because I really feel it would be so much more efficient for the both of us especially since I do not fare very well in the written explanations of learning something...... I always want to ask a question. :D

Thank you so much J and I admire all of you guys over at Bomes for such SPEEDY response times.... It really is amazing.

DvlsAdvct

2013-10-11 18:30:10

Hi burgoyne

My skype name is dvlsadvct

I'm on most of the day, so feel free to add me and we can set a time to chat.

Thanks
Jared

burgoyne711

2013-10-14 01:56:50

Amazing!!! Thank you so much Jared, i have been working on gigs the last few days so i have not been able to get on skype. I am not working tomorrow, maybe we can work something out. Where are you located by the way? Germany? I live in NYC.

DvlsAdvct

2013-10-14 02:05:07

I'm just outside of Boston, so we are in the same time zone. Hit me up whenever :)

Zachzaba

2015-01-21 01:37:52

Hi guys,
Im also on the hunt to incorporate my BCF2000 with MA on PC. Ive sifted thru many forums and videos and while close still dont quite get it. If I already own BOME and am using APCs (so I know the general idea) with MA...is it as easy as getting a bome file for the 2000 and plugging it in? With previous lighting softwares Ive used the BC manager...would that still be necessary?
Thanks

DvlsAdvct

2015-01-21 02:02:50

Hi Zachzaba

As long as your BCF has the same messages that the MT project is listening for you should be fine. :)

It's been a few years since I've used either the BCR or the BCF, so I think that once you write the mapping to the controller you shouldn't need it in between the BCF and MT.

Does that make sense?
J

DannyCaine

2015-01-21 03:06:33

Have you looked at this?

http://ma-share.net
Go to the MA2 Forum and search BCF4MA

Zachzaba

2015-01-23 20:00:55

I did read the forum and that was helpful but Im still a bit confused on the basics. Previous to MA I was using the BCF2000 with BC Manager, currently Im using BOME with a few other midi controllers. Does the BCF4MA act as the file for BOME, is it a seperate applicatiom? Would this replace the need for the BC Manager?

Thanks guys, sorry if im missing the point entirely :)

jjboogy10

2016-01-19 16:45:55

Hey what are you running for an interface? Wondering if theres a way around using MA's nodes which are expensive..
Hoping to learn theres a cheap usb-dmx solution.

florian

2016-02-25 00:38:14

just to clarify from Bome's side here -- we're VERY interested to get an out-of-the-box solution for this kind of setup, but we don't have any own experience with GrandMA. So anything you find out will help us (to help you further) and other users to get up and running. Thanks!

I hope burgoyne and DvlsAdvct will have a chat and post the outcome here!

Florian

alonzeq

2016-04-07 20:07:51

Hi All.
hopefully i think i get to right place.
i have bcf2000 and gma2pc, command wing, And trying to get it work together. But still nothing happens.
All the video in youtube doesnt much help me. Al in spanish and in german.
Like in first post. Postby burgoyne711 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:24 am

I spend a lot of days to try midi ox, yoke, bomes midi, BC manager, and i dont get it works!!

please please please help me understand what is i do wrong.
Gma2pc 3.1.2.5 bcf 2000 and win 7 .

florian

2016-05-03 22:53:18

Hi alonzeq,
nobody has replied so far... sorry!

Can you describe in more detail what you have tried so far? Do you have a project file for Bome MIDI Translator Pro?
Thanks,
Florian

alonzeq

2016-05-13 17:04:03

hi florian, no i dont have a bomes project file for this,
where i can get one?

florian

2016-06-03 01:13:58

Hi alonzeq,
I was just asking what you have tried so far. Whenever you create a first mapping in MT Pro, you can save it as a project file. Not sure if anyone on this thread here has had any favorable results so far?
We know that many people use standard MIDI controllers with GrandMA2 using MIDI Translator Pro...
Regards,
Florian

gsbe

2016-08-04 03:46:55

florian wrote:Hi alonzeq,We know that many people use standard MIDI controllers with GrandMA2 using MIDI Translator Pro...
This is excellent news, Florian. Can you give me some examples of hardware that works with GrandMA2 using MIDI Translator Pro?

In particular, I'm looking at the Behringer X-Touch Compact. Do you think this little moving fader device would work with grandMA2 onPC using your MIDI Translator Pro? I'm hoping that the DMX software will communicate the required fader location feedback to an inexpensive moving fader controller like this one using your software.

Thanks for your suggestions. This information has proven to be difficult to find online

florian

2016-08-07 23:44:02

I assume the X-Touch sends and receives MIDI messages -- then it should work. The thing is, MIDI Translator Pro works with pretty much every MIDI device that you can connect to the computer. But the mapping must be adapted for every device, which can be a hassle, sometimes. But that's why we're here on this forum!
Florian

gsbe

2016-09-13 07:22:26

florian wrote:I assume the X-Touch sends and receives MIDI messages -- then it should work. The thing is, MIDI Translator Pro works with pretty much every MIDI device that you can connect to the computer. But the mapping must be adapted for every device, which can be a hassle, sometimes. But that's why we're here on this forum!
Florian
Cool, thanks so much for the reply. I'll keep watching this space to see if anyone gets moving fader devices like the BCF2000 or X-Touch Compact working with the GrandMA2 onPC software. Cheers

Pædagokken

2016-09-21 19:48:32

Hey everyone

I am having the same problem making GrandMA understanding My translations for knobs and faders. My pad translations Are working perfect and the connection is also flawless. But I can see that in My midi window inside of GrandMA says Control Change everytime i turn a knob and pitch bend when push a fader.
What do I need to do in My midi translation? I've tried with a Nano Korg. A behringer BCR and a Akai lpd8.

florian

2016-09-27 10:11:31

please do not cross post. This thread is continued here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12158