A&H GS-R24m Fader Banking w/ PT

phillygrandz

2013-09-07 17:55:14

MT Family,

Here's what I've got, if this has been posted (and I did look at all pages) please close and direct me to the answer/suggestion:

The studio I started working at has the Allen and Heath GS-R24m and a full Pro Tools 10 HD rig. The last engineer left in an outrage and took most outboard gear...so for the time being we are going to mix in the box, sum the mix, and then re run it through the boards channels.

PROBLEM: There is no fader banking!
I have vocal sessions that are 60+ tracks by themselves...and am immediately limited to 24 tracks of motorized faders, without the help of the midi community. I currently have the 24 tracks working properly with HUI...but that's simply not enough.

This desk costs nearly 10k USD! I find this extremely hard to believe. We have a licensed MT copy, and are ready to take all suggestion, templates...anything. I don't have strong knowledge on custom midi mapping, so I invite you to treat me like an infant. However, please...I already know I'm half way using this gear as a giant mouse, but that is MY choice for the time being.

I've attached the A&H supplied template for BOME's MT, however...I'm not sure this will give me fader banking. Can anyone confirm?

PROBLEM: After going through the setup process of loading said mentioned template, I can not actually get the midi output section of MT to light up when I move a fader, only midi in.
What am I missing?

Firewire interface, 3 selectable ports from A&H drivers...and 3 virtual from BOME.

Please guys...I'm begging for some direction. Thank you all in advance!!
Attachments
MAC_GS to HUI - PROTOOLS_1.3.bmtp
Template from A&H
(87.79 KiB) Downloaded 261 times

DvlsAdvct

2013-09-08 21:16:59

Hi phillygrandz

Let's take this one step at a time and see if we can figure this out. Since I don't have the desk or pro-tools I'm going to be flying kind of blind, but I think we can get most of your issues fixed.

First, not getting MIDI output. When I opened up the preset there are three Default Input Ports selected, but no Default Output Ports. Can you confirm this? If there aren't any Default Output Ports you're going to have to assign them to whatever Virtual MIDI Port is connected to Pro-Tools. Does that make sense?

Thanks
J