Help needed A&H Qu-16, Pro Tools, Bomes

soundout

2013-09-03 17:52:22

Hello all. Allen and Heath tell me that in order to make my new Qu-16 digital desk work as a controller for Pro Tools 9 on Mac, I need to use Bome's. Never having used it before, I find the manual beyond me. Has anyone developed a template yet for this desk or can anyone give me step-by-step instructions in plain English?

DvlsAdvct

2013-09-03 20:20:36

Hi soundout

I'm not 100% sure on what needs to be done for the A&H mixers, so I'm checking with the bossman for some answers. Once he gets back to me I'll get you all the info I can :)

sorry for the inconvenience.
J

soundout

2013-09-03 23:27:35

Thanks a lot - looking forward to hearing back from you. I'm sure your midi translator will work for me - I'm just a complete newbie who needs guidance.
Ich kann auch Anleitungen in deutscher Sprache gut verstehen, wenn's fuer euch leichter ist - die Sprache, die ich NICHT verstehe, ist MIDI!

DvlsAdvct

2013-09-05 16:26:24

Hi soundout

You are going to need to purchase Bome MIDI Translator Pro, and A&H should provide all the presets you need on their website. From there it's just a question of loading the files. Everything should just work.

Thanks
J

soundout

2013-09-05 21:20:24

Yes thanks - I already have downloaded Bomes and was waiting to pay until I am sure it works. Allen and Heath provide templates for their other desks but are very slow to do this for the Qu-16. They advertise it as a DAW controller though - so they should do it soon.