switch Maschine Template via other midi device

Magnuzoid

2013-09-02 13:31:10

I'd like to know if it's possible to change my active template on my Maschine with 2 keys (for "prev/next") on my Oxygen keyboard.
Now I have to go into template mode, which I find a bit distracting, but I'm not sure if it's a program change I need to send or something completely different..
I can't get anything useful from using Midi Monitor, so hoping someone here can help :)

have a nice day,

-Magnus

DvlsAdvct

2013-09-02 17:55:39

Hi Magnus

I just went through the various manuals and I can't seem to find any reference to external MIDI control of the Maschine templates. I have a feeling it's a direct integration feature, and not something you can externally control. You could probably use your Oxygen 8 to emulate mouse commands and keystrokes to select templates in the Controller Editor GUI, though.

Thanks
J

Magnuzoid

2013-09-02 20:00:52

I guess I need to rethink it - was hoping somebody had some sysex message I could send or program change, but it seems that Native Instruments haven't built their hardware with the midi specs that lots of other manufacturers have.. saw that people were complaining about it on the NI forums :/
Thanks for your answer though :)

DvlsAdvct

2013-09-03 13:03:16

Yeah, Native Instruments have a tendency to force you into their ecosystem exclusively. While the controllers are really powerful they do not include general features that more experienced users would want to take advantage of.

Let us know if there's any other assistance we can give for your setup. Good luck

J

Magnuzoid

2013-09-09 16:24:02

My issue was that it seemed like switching templates demanded too many steps..
Yesterday though, I realized I could easily browse/switch template on the machine (when in midi mode) by holding down the "Shift" + < > (on the left of the left display),
so there wasn't any need for what I requested anyways - just thought I'd share this if anybody else stumbles across this thread :)

Have a nice day,

Magnus