Kid Beyond for Cubase?

bmn

2013-08-29 21:31:28

Hello,

I read the Kid Beyond tutorial for Ableton. It sound interesting. I use Cubase and I'd like to set up something something similar: I want to toggle tracks with keys of my master keyboard, but only starting at the beginning of a bar. For instance the loop is running in Cubase, and I hit C2 on my keyboard. halp a second after, when the bar is completed, the bass line track starts playing. Then I hit C2 again, and this stops the bass line at the end of the current bar. How could we do that?
Thanks!

DvlsAdvct

2013-09-05 16:28:12

Hi bmn

This would depend on Cubase's functionality. Is it doable? More than likely. If Cubase has the features for cell playing, or quantized commands, etc. then we should be able to put something together.

If not, though, it becomes far more complicated.

For example, can you set tracks in Cubase, using settings, to always trigger from the beginning when activated? if not, is there a keystroke or MIDI command that will always send the track back to the beginning?

bmn

2013-09-08 15:49:34

Ok, I'll explore this topic during the long winter evenings, and I'll post a tutorial if I can come up with a solution. As you say, for an application mature such as Cubase, there's gotta be a way. Stay tuned! :wink:

DvlsAdvct

2013-09-08 21:13:53

I'm looking forward to it. As always, if you run into any issues, let us know and we'll help out :)