txt file import in midi translator?

play

2013-08-21 13:16:51

is there a way to import the preset that Midi translator pro dumps when you SAVE AS A TEXT FILE?

editing these dumps is so quick and easy when compared to using ther mouse/menus in the software,
it seems bizzare that it will not import the txt files as well as export them..

DvlsAdvct

2013-08-21 15:01:52

Hi play

You should be able to open any of those txt files in Bome, just save them as a .bmtp (or bmpt can't remember and am at my day job) file.

play

2013-08-21 19:07:57

Hi DvlsAdvct..

I tried that, got a blank preset.. I guess i'll stick to the mouse & menu way of doing things for now..

thanx neway..

DvlsAdvct

2013-08-21 19:28:32

Instead, if you have an existing Bome preset, you should be able to right-click on the file and select "Open With" and select Notepad, or Notepad++. Just make edits to the text and save it again. You shouldn't need to change the file type to .txt.

play

2013-08-24 14:26:20

Yes, You'd think that, but the file states in the comments that it is a signed file, and not to edit it.
I can't think of any reason to include this in the file unless it actually means something, and will effect function of the software.

I haven't tested if editing makes any difference, but the layout and structure of the arguments in the .txt export and the .bmtp (or whatever) are totally different.

It's ok, i have a basic "input to no action" template for my controllers now, so all of the controls on them are defined, ready to have translations and so on applied to them for use controlling software - i can just set these up as i go in MTP.. the original task of grabbing all the midi to define the controls was daunting, all that clicking and selecting drove me up the wall, but it's done now innit :)