Send message to originating music program?

Jake Johnson

2013-08-07 18:22:57

A newbie question here, from someone using the trial version. This is probably a set-up or routing question:

Setting up the following simple translation works fine if I am trying to control a program that is not receiving midi messages: Key on = Mouse-click (which because of the mouse position minimizes the program). In other words, if I have MS Word open along with Midi Translator, position my mouse pointer over Word's Minimize button, and press the assigned note on my keyboard, Word will be minimized.

However, if I instead try to send this same mouse click to a music program that is receiving midi commands, this does not work. (I have tried this with Mulab and Pianoteq.) The program just sits there staring at me. Reading other posts on the forum, I do not see other people having trouble with music programs. Of course, I am wanting to do more than just minimize a window, but other mouse clicks also do not work in these musics programs. Am I missing a basic routing configuration?

DvlsAdvct

2013-08-07 18:59:48

Hi Jake

Out of curiosity, if you use your actual mouse and click on that position, does it minimize the window?

Jake Johnson

2013-08-07 19:24:47

Yes, it does.

DvlsAdvct

2013-08-07 19:27:34

That is really weird. There isn't any routing because the mouse clicks are meaningless. Can you let me see the translators? Maybe one that works (like in your MSWord example) and one that doesn't?

Jake Johnson

2013-08-07 19:46:18

Well...Now it's working fine. I'm not sure why. I did close both programs to post on the forum, however. Sorry for the false alarm.

I do not see a way to delete my earlier post.

Jake Johnson

2013-08-07 20:38:15

But I may have found the problem: both programs must be opened by right-clicking on their icons on the Windows desktop and for each clicking on Run as Administrator. (Using Windows 8, here.)

DvlsAdvct

2013-08-08 19:30:04

Well that's weird. Maybe it's a strange administrator setting. I'll check it out on my home machine :)