HELP! Seeking QuNeo & Live user to Beta Test new Concept Rig

famusvictim

2013-07-18 17:35:23

Hey MT users,

I've built a beast of an "instrument"... essentially a program within a program for use with Ableton 9 and Quneo, using a large MT project (that will soon max out the Global variables), and 10 QuNeo presets.

Anyone out there want to try this out and help refine it? Especially someone with programming training or experience (I'm not an actual programmer - just a smart musician - irony... so I know it has got to be incredibly inefficient)? Looking for just one person to help.

It is essentially a way to record and control almost 20 instances of synced loopers in multiple banks, with multiple live audio inputs that are routable, and here's the fun part.... also capture a large number of individual layerings as independent clips per looper instance, and each layer clip can be played independently, from only one to all, with total flexible control over all layering matrices. The looper instances keep going, also independently are able to be controlled and of course cool things like crossfading between the loopers and their independent layers... There are some more bells and whistles but that's the gist of it. Like a Mobius on steroids or Frippertronics on speed... more power and flexibility. (I didn't even know Mobius existed until I was half-was through - lol)

Anyone who helps me refine it can have permission to use it for his own artistic endeavors (but not share it without express permission since). I would hope someone would do this more out of interest rather than a desire to use this on stage because it is essentially my new artistic identity.

It is my copyright (c) 2013, and it will also become a large part of my new artistic identity, so I can't just share it on the forum until perhaps much later, and I hope you all understand.

Thanks!!!

Erik Malmgren-Samuel.

famusvictim

2013-07-18 19:18:40

BTW - if anyone know what to do when you need a few hundred (double) global variables for LED display memory, please let me know.... multiple instances of MT?

Fredzed

2013-08-07 17:11:47

Sounds like the most intricate Quneo rig I ever heard of. Good luck with that!

What I'm trying to setup for myself is a rig that controls navigation of Ableton Live on the Quneo with Bomes MT. I'm still in the sketch phase, writing down all my ideas before implementing, but I try to keep it as simple as I can and with easily identifiable LED feedback so I will always know what's going on instantaneously because I know I won't remember a Quneo setup thats riddled with commands. Sometimes I don't even remember to feed the cat.

famusvictim

2013-08-07 18:51:38

Fredzed wrote:Sounds like the most intricate Quneo rig I ever heard of. Good luck with that!

What I'm trying to setup for myself is a rig that controls navigation of Ableton Live on the Quneo with Bomes MT. I'm still in the sketch phase, writing down all my ideas before implementing, but I try to keep it as simple as I can and with easily identifiable LED feedback so I will always know what's going on instantaneously because I know I won't remember a Quneo setup thats riddled with commands. Sometimes I don't even remember to feed the cat.
1) Well - I've actually paired every LED variable to a functional parameter variable in Ableton whose state is remembered through the var, so the number is actually about those parameter states, and not so much the LED... I misstated. This has lead to a pseudo-solution... at this point, there are two simultaneous instances of MT running, but EVEN THEN, I am missing out on 111 key vars for a "solo" function. I could run a third, but the Live template alone (with 2 instances) already tasks the quad core, 16GB, at apx 7%... So I am waiting on the next MT when Florian has stated in the forums that there will be potentially unlimited vars with user-naming.

2) Sounds like your setup and my setup could get married and have a beautiful little baby. I call my system AntiCore. It is (to my knowledge) the craziest looping device - most powerful yet flexible - ever made. I would love to send you a Manual PDF of the current beta/developer version, if you PM me an email. A nav rig using QuNeo presets would go well with my 7-Preset AntiCore.

3) Don't worry - you don't have to remember to feed a cat - you just have to remember to put out a hell of a lot of dry food and water when you're gonna be away a while. That holds them over for many days just fine... except mine always gets lonely, and won't stop meowing when i get home after a couple day trip, pestering me for attention. He is very vocal, and is one of those cats who will have a "meow conversation" if you meow with him. Bottom line - he always has extra food and water and just is lonely. Cats take care of themselves if given the right tools.