MIDI Message features for ease, efficiency and debugging

famusvictim

2013-06-05 07:47:04

1) What about an active MASTER MIDI MESSAGE page, as a separate window (unless people didn't mind it taking up the whole interface), listing all possible MIDI messages with expandable lists for each sub variable and interactivity for field entering:

- Listed by Name and Hex
- CLICKABLE for entry into any open entry field at the time
- Color changing upon use in your Project to YELLOW
- (iff possible) - color changes to red if there is a bug potential due to unintended reciprocity or overlapping use in multiple presets.

2) And how about a second vertical frame along side the master list, listing ALL USED PROJECT Midi Messages in your particular Project

- only hex needed
- with a small Sorting Drop Down box at the top, with options such as "By Preset/translator", or "By #s of occurrences".

Idea B) What about having a color warning come up every time that MT recognizes that you have a bug potential due to unintended reciprocity or overlapping use in multiple presets.

Idea C) What about having a feature for the LOG that would REALLY help me personally: I would love to just click on any incoming MIDI from a program and then see it reverse hex translated into decimal and descriptions where applicable, perhaps in a function that could only be done when the log is stopped, like clicking a button to see the entire stream of incoming MIDI translated in a frame. This would really help me know what is going on with controller/software loops and making the most of the marriage, so to speak.

Thanks!!!!