Filter Midi Out from Traktor

LaTristesse

2013-05-26 22:29:35

Hi there,

is there a way to filter just the midi out messages from Trakor (DJ Software) to my Launchpad (Midi-Controller)?

I followed the instruction from http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3596 but it doesnt work.

I'm asking because I also use Katapult (Middleware for the Launchpad) but do want to be able to address the Launchpad in standard midi mode at the same time without messing up my Katapult Layout.

Regards

florian

2013-05-27 19:41:02

Can't you just disable the Launchpad OUT in Traktor? Or am I misunderstanding something?
Thanks,
Florian

DvlsAdvct

2013-05-27 19:46:52

I think Florian's right. For the Launchpad TSI file in Traktor, set your output to None, and you should be able to switch between without having any overlapping LEDs.

If you want to have LED feedback in standard Launchpad mode AND LED feedback from MIDI Katapult it'd be a little more complicated. I would set a command on each mapping with a spare button to trigger Send Monitor State, so when you switch modes everything gets sent to update to the correct layout.

That make sense?

LaTristesse

2013-05-27 23:58:30

DvlsAdvct wrote:I think Florian's right. For the Launchpad TSI file in Traktor, set your output to None, and you should be able to switch between without having any overlapping LEDs.
This way I wont be able to get feedback at all, but I want to activate and deactivate it depanding on wether I use Katapult or not.
DvlsAdvct wrote:If you want to have LED feedback in standard Launchpad mode AND LED feedback from MIDI Katapult it'd be a little more complicated. I would set a command on each mapping with a spare button to trigger Send Monitor State, so when you switch modes everything gets sent to update to the correct layout.
I ended up doing that, with a modifier which disable and enable the mapping. The downside is: I only have one condition left for modifier actions.

DvlsAdvct

2013-05-28 00:40:30

LaTristesse wrote:I ended up doing that, with a modifier which disable and enable the mapping. The downside is: I only have one condition left for modifier actions.
What do you mean? You've used all of your global variables?