Numark NS7 mapping

adi grecu

2013-04-21 12:46:03

Hi,
My wish is to mapp my NS7 with Traktor. No one do that perfectly until now, Virtual Dj have tried but NS7 work buggy with VDj software.
My question is : can MT to mapp perfectly NS7 with all functions, all leds, motorized platters, to work flawless with Traktor ?
Regards

DvlsAdvct

2013-04-26 19:19:08

Hi adi

I am not 100% sure how capable MT is with mapping the NS7, especially with the platters. I don't have an NS7 so I can't test this out, but if it all sends standard MIDI messages then it is doable. If there is some sort of direct integration into Serato/VDJ then we can't do anything until we have that information.

Do you have an NS7?

Jared

adi grecu

2013-04-27 14:30:23

Yes, i have that beast but honestlly i really don't know how to figure out with MT. Can you guide me ?
Regards and thanks for reply

DvlsAdvct

2013-04-28 19:58:33

Of course.

First, a few questions so I know we're both looking at the same thing. Have you purchased MT Pro, or are you using Classic? And are you on a Mac or a PC?

adi grecu

2013-04-29 23:54:56

Actually, i don't have MT. If you tell me what version do i need, i'll buy it. I have a Macbook Pro.

DvlsAdvct

2013-04-30 00:15:44

Well, I would start with the classic and see how the jog wheels work. The big issue with the NS7, specifically, is the accuracy of the jog wheels in Traktor. We MAY be able to fine tune it with Pro, but I would be hard pressed to be sure how, especially without having one to test. So yeah, start with Classic and we can see if the we can get those wheels working.