Select Pattern on Roland MC909

MarkSoetens

2013-03-23 23:48:47

Hi,

I've been trying to send a midi message to get my MC909 to start playing a pattern. It's easy enough to let it start, but can I also add a particular pattern that I want to start playing? Can I remote select the pattern that will play?
So with the midi message FA sure enough the MC909 starts playing the current pattern or song.
I've been giving F3 some attempts but failed every time.

Any thoughts , any tips, workarounds?

Thank you,
Mark

DvlsAdvct

2013-03-24 18:07:38

Hi MarkSoetens

I have been skimming through the manual trying to find command references but I can't seem to find any. From what I can tell F3, though, is a function reference for MIDI control. F3, however, seems to be for SENDING MIDI, not receiving, which is strange. It looks like you need to go into the F4 menu and set your Program Change or Bank Select to dictate what message needs to be received for each.

Let me know if that works
Thanks
Jared

MarkSoetens

2013-03-24 21:32:29

Hi Jared,

Thank you for your reply.
I'm not entirely sure if Program Change or Bank Select messages are what I need to be looking into. I simply don't know enough about MIDI to understand. But I do believe this will only be possible with the Midi-translater PRO, right? Not the "evaluation" version...

Many Rgds,
Mark

DvlsAdvct

2013-03-27 00:42:03

No no, you can send stock MIDI with the evaluation version. Make sure that it works first.

Where are you getting held up with the MIDI stuff? I can try and explain it.