conditional rule enquiry

stephenmathie

2013-02-27 22:56:04

I have been using Bome, rather crudely, to translate midi control change into velocity to control a lighting desk (GrandMA) via an iPad TouchOSC remote I made. The desk only reads velocity and note on/off information.

Would I be able to use conditional rules to control an encoder? By this I mean that if the encoder was control change of a note, Channel 1, 0 -127, could I set a rule that looked at the last received signal and compared it to the present one - If the signals were ascending output the note on message, Channel 1, D, for example, if the signal was descending output the message for note on, Channel 1 E, for example? In other words, spot the direction of the encoder and transmitted one of two notes accordingly.

I had a look through previous posts but could not find any suggestions as to whether this is possible or how to define the rule.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Stephen

DvlsAdvct

2013-03-02 00:30:25

Hi stephanmathie.

I responded to your other post, which would explain what to do in case your command is sending an endless encoder signal. If it is sending an absolute signal please follow the below thread.

http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3657

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jared