Filtering Program Changes on a specific Port

rad3d

2013-01-20 15:28:33

New to MT. Need to filter all MIDI messages being sent to a specific port (McMillen Softstep) except for ones received on MIDI channel 16. I use an iOS setlist app to control initial settings for my gear, but the SoftStep is listening on all channels, so it gets confused.

I used to use the SS in standalone mode, so it only used to receive on channel 16. Once I changed to hosted mode, I realized it listens on all channels. I have a specific MT router setting going from the iOS device's input of my MIDI interface to the Softstep (SSCOM) - so I'm attempting to filter on only that port so all other devices receive appropriate program change and setup information.

DvlsAdvct

2013-01-21 14:58:13

Hi rad3d

In MT create a preset and designate its default Outgoing port to the SoftStep. Create one translator and set the incoming message to 9F pp qq and its incoming signal to 9F pp qq

This will allow only the notes on channel 16 to pass through, and since there's nothing else given a translator nothing will pass through. Keep in mind, though, that the softstep must be listening only to Bome and not any other application.

Hope that helps. :)