Registries in BOME

FredWalk

2013-01-03 21:41:06

Hi,

I'm a newbe to BOME ( not to IT, and Midi :) ), and, since it was not so easy to find out across the web, here is my question :
I'm using this software to translate midi events between an APC40 and some different Midi softwares ( among which Resolume ), and I would need to keep in the software the latest value recorded on events of my choice.
It's primarly because I want to use an APC40 ( track control section ) on some Midi software to manage 4 FX settings ( 4 'push' buttons = 4 effects settings, 8 knobs per effect ) and I would need to save the latest values on each FX so that when I switch FX, I can reset the APC led feedback to its previously saved value.

I made it work, apart the led feedback :'( using 4 presets, one per push button, and routing the fx settings to different midi channels ( 4, one per FX ) on that device, each preset containing the knobs in and return values management, plus the 4 led 'pushbutton' management ( led state on the device and preset switch in BOME). In short, I'd need the stored values at pushbutton change to have proper APC display.

Is this somehow already possible in Midi Translator ( then, shall I move to questions topics ), or would this then be a new feature ?

Thanks for any info,

--------------
MBP15" i7 / OS X 10.8

FredWalk

2013-01-08 18:54:04

Ok, Just to close the topic, I've found out the solution by opening the user manual ( yes, sometimes it helps :? ).

Global variables are defined by two-character combinations in the following ranges:
ga-gz/g0-g9, ha-hz/h0-h9, ..., na-nz/n0-n9

so it does exactly what I'm expected it to do.. I've opened a different topic where I was looking for variables managed as registers :
http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5017

var(array value) where array value could come from any midi message ( controler code, controler value itself,... ), to make very complex management of registries easier than with static variables names.