[Resolved] HELP! Paste not working

Leofab86

2012-12-21 03:25:01

Hello all,

New to the forums. Just purchased the full version, was working with the trial before and am really loving the possibilities. I do have one small problem.

I cant seem to paste stuff into Bome. I had noticed this using the trial version but didnt give it much thought. Then when I purchased the full version it really bit me in the ass because I couldn't paste my activation key... I had to manually type it in. Which took about a half an hour... lol.

But now that I am spending alot of time on my new project, its really becoming a hassle because if, say I want to copy a midi message from 1 translator to many others, its a big pain in the ass doing a midi capture each time when you need some specific value, like if I wana copy B0 2F 62 to multiple translators...

Also, it would be hugely beneficial to be able to copy and paste rules.

I can copy to my clipboard from Bome, such as this: "B0 2F 62" I just grabbed that out of Bome and can paste it into this post. But I cant paste it anywhere into Bome. Neither Cntrl-V or Right Click Paste works.

Any 1 else have this issue? Any ideas for a solution? Would much appreciate the help!

Thanks in advance!

Sakis

2012-12-25 23:03:19

I also have this problem, but randomly...if "Ctrl-V" is not working try right-clicking and paste, or the classic "Shift-Insert" instead :wink: ,as a workaround...

Leofab86

2012-12-25 23:31:46

Thanks for the response, but none of those work :( Cant imagine what could be causing this....

DvlsAdvct

2012-12-28 00:57:46

I'm going to move this to the Bugs forum and alert Florian. I know I generally have issues with paste working, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't, but only in the Rules. In actions I never have a problem.

Leofab86

2012-12-28 01:26:13

Thanks! Just a note: I can copy and paste whole translators from 1 preset to the other. I just cant paste text anywhere. I cant paste translator names in the preset lists or paste text into settings menus such as creating a Midi Port Alias. And ofcourse no text inside Translators.

I did notice that when I try to paste over selected text, it deletes the text and replaces it with nothing. So it recognizes the command to paste into that spot and deletes the original text, but its as if it cant access the text saved to the clipboard and just pastes nothing...

Hope that helps.

florian

2012-12-28 11:32:11

Hi,

what a nasty bug! When editing presets, I use copy/paste all the time (using keyboard shortcuts). I have only had occasional problems with that in the rules section.

Can you tell me please:
- version of Windows or OS X
- version of Midi Translator

As the clipboard is a shared resource, it is possible that a different program interferes. For example, on my computer, OpenOffice sometimes causes clipboard problems in other programs. Can you try to close all other programs, also those in the tray, to see if possibly that helps. Last but not least, can you try to find out if "Copy" does not work, or "Paste"? I.e. try to copy a text in MT, then paste into a different program, and vice versa.

Thanks!
Florian

Leofab86

2012-12-28 12:01:52

Hi Florian, quick answer to 1 question: I can copy. But not paste. The other suggestions ile try out and let you know what happens

Leofab86

2012-12-28 12:02:31

Oh yea, and im on Windows Server 2008 R2... lol

Leofab86

2013-01-05 00:55:14

I figured it out! Its my antivirus. I just changed settings within the Antivirus to allow Bome Midi Translator and all is well.

florian

2013-01-08 10:52:03

oh, glad to hear you figured it out. Antivirus programs get in the way quite a lot, it seems!
Florian