Launchpad to mouse position+mouse click in atari emu on xp

novoline

2012-11-30 16:58:56

Hello all, hopefully I'm going to be quite the MTP user but I'm using the demo before I buy and i've encountered some difficulties. Does anyone have a suggestion or fix or similar experience?

My machine: eee pc 901 2gb ram
What I want it to do:
Launchpad [one button press]-> STeem atari ste emulator -> Atari prog -> Mouse absolute position -> Mouse click (left, or right sometimes]

My problem is that when I have the STeem emulator running, the mouse
will not go to an absolute position, but continually cascade across
the screen, dependent on where the mouse cursor originally was. Also
the mouse click action (on the note off, I can't seem to make MTP take
one midi note-on and translate it to mouse position+mouse click)
doesnt seem to work.
To be more clear: when the emulator is paused the mouse will go to
the appropriate position, with the normal windows white point cursor.
When I have the emulator running and the "atari's" cursor is active (a
black arrow within the emulator's window or fullscreen) I get this
behavior just mentioned.

DvlsAdvct

2012-12-03 00:34:10

Hi novoline

Can you upload the preset? Or type out the translators you're using?

makerprofaze

2012-12-05 16:30:08

one trick for multiple translations/output actions from a single input is to have the initial event trigger a timer, which then triggers the multiple output events. The mouse positon+mouse click issue may be a matter of timing (may need to add delay for second command).

I use Quick Macros with BMT which is the ultimate match for essentially any interactive control which isn't adequate or included in BMT. You might also look into autohotkey.

novoline

2012-12-07 11:05:46

Hi again. I'll have to redo the preset with some mouse movements because i deleted it when i had to reinstall xp and the new presets i've made dont use the mouse since I could not get it to work properly.
I've tried the timer but, as i expected from the original behavior, it wont improve it. also the changes i want to do i'd like to be as instantaneous as possible, so the longer the delay and chain of events, the less useful the function becomes.
I will upload when i redo, possibly tonight.

DvlsAdvct

2012-12-10 13:52:55

Keep in mind that a few ms delay is all you need, and that will be unnoticeable to you. You could probably stretch the delays out to 50ms without having it directly impact your workflow.