Allen&Heath GS-R24M controlling Adobe Audition 3 PLEASE HELP

gryziu

2012-11-30 11:53:41

Hello,

I apologize in advance for any stupid questions I might ask but I'm completely new to MT and MIDI in general is a mystery to me!
I invested in the Allen&Heath GS-R24M console that is also a MIDI controller. It works in a few different MIDI modes but none of them is Mackie and that's the only one that is supported by my DAW which is Adobe Audition 3. I know it is old with no support from Adobe but I love working on it as it is so easy and quick. I also have Pro Tools 10 and had to buy BOME's MIDI Translator in order to get the desk to work with PT and as it is one of the most populars DAWs Allen&Heath made a template for MT. They unfortunately won't make one for AA3.
Is there anyone who knows how to get them to work together?

Here are the modes supported by the desk:

SEL switch Mode
1 Default MIDI, Internal tally, press/release = note on/off
2 Default MIDI, Internal tally, press once for note on, press again for note off
3 Default MIDI, External tally, press/release = note on/off
4 Default MIDI, External tally, press once for note on, press again for note off
5 REAPER Mode (Pending Controller plug-in becoming available)
6 Default MIDI, External tally, HUI tick ON. For translating to HUI protocol.
7 US 2400 Emulation
8 Test & Demo mode.

What mode would be the easiest to translate to Mackie?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Dominik

Guido

2012-12-23 01:06:47

Hi,

I did a BMTpro preset that converts from/to HUI to MCP. Does Audition support MCP? Mackie Control Protocol?

btw..have u ever tried Reaper? Its a Daw that started life as a Audition replacement....I went from Logic to Reaper..google it.

Guido