Edit multiple translators Feature Request

bobbyquine

2012-11-12 17:47:17

Hi,

I'm reposting this topic as a feature request...

I'm using Bomes to give my Maschine controller the correct feedback relative to the vst its controlling, as the vst doesnt do this. (Fxpansions Geist)

I needed to set up radio buttons or 'toggle groups', where only one of a set of buttons can be lit at any time. So setting up a load of 'note offs' has been easy enough and works fine, but now I'd like to do the same for the various pad banks.

As each pad bank has 16 pads, i'll need to add and individually edit 220 translators per bank.... 660 entries.

Thats ok, I'm happy to work with that system, if only you could edit multiple translators!

For example, shift + enter as you type a value in a field (with multiple translators selected) brings up a warning/dialog box with options of force all or preserve relationships. This way the extra functionality doesn't clutter the workflow or GUI but is easily found when you look for it in the manual.
Sorry if I havent thought this through, and apologies also for my laziness in asking for this.

Many thanks

B

florian

2012-11-12 23:57:33

Hi B,

yes, that's also an important features for us! Unfortunately, this is not so obvious to implement in a logical way. Ideally, anything you edit when multiple translator entries are selected will commit to all selected translators.

Our workaround for now is to load the .bmtp file in a text editor and edit the file directly (ignore the warning at the top). This is especially useful when using the same translator entry but with different numbers.

And maybe you can formulate the different pad numbers/groups with variables (and rules) so that you don't need to hard code all 660 entries?

Thanks,
Florian