MIDI Translator with Powerpoint

gribouillex

2012-10-01 00:28:03

Hello

I'm currently testing this wonderful app with Ableton Live and MS Powerpoint (on a PC).

I already managed MIDI triggers to select PPS slides (slide number + enter key).
But I wish to know how I can automatically bring the Powerpoint window as the active application (without doing it manually).
If I don't activate Powerpoint window, the triggers are played on Ableton Live's window, which causes some mess.

I probably missed something in the tutorials and user manual.. ? It's the last point to solve before I buy the software :D

Thanks for your help

LGB

DvlsAdvct

2012-10-01 00:42:23

As far as I know, there is not a way to have MIDI Translator Focus commands on a program yet. You can only use MT to LOAD programs.

Though, you can set a button to be Alt+Tab, so you can switch between programs.

gribouillex

2012-10-01 10:55:12

Hello DvlsAdvct and thanks for your prompt reply.

Unfortunately Alt-Tab cannot be automated : 3 applications are running at the same time and there's no check on which is the one active.
So Alt-Tab will be launched any time (surely when it's not needed) and will sometimes activate the wrong app.

In other hand, I cannot not let this message (number + enter key) run on Ableton Live, as the enter key means something for it. I'm not sure I can disable this key in Live...

At the moment, my solution is to assign Alt-Tab on my foot controler and automate number + enter key on Live clips.... and take care of which is the active window... :cry:

If anyone else has an idea...

Thanks
LGB