Virtual MidiPorts - Error in System Device Manager

Wurlitzer

2012-08-27 11:09:55

Hi,
had reinstalled MT.
Now i get errors from my device list in Windows Device Manager.
(W7 X64, SP1)

I reinstalled everything, turned virtual midi ports on/off inside MT.
Nothing helps!
Attachments
Midi-Translator Virtual Device Error.PNG
Midi-Translator Virtual Device Error.PNG (22.2 KiB) Viewed 6543 times

DvlsAdvct

2012-08-28 02:46:02

Hi Wurlitzer. I'll pass this along to Florian. He is still on vacation but will be periodically checking email. He should be back in contact next week.

J

DvlsAdvct

2012-08-28 14:54:15

As per Florian's response:

Uninstall Bome MIDI Translator, and when you reinstall select Custom and check "Reinstall Virtual MIDI Ports"

Wurlitzer

2012-08-29 18:01:47

Hi,

tried everything, but does not solve the problems.

DvlsAdvct

2012-08-29 18:13:39

ALright. I'll pass this on to Florian and have him get back to you once he's back from his vacation.

TabSel

2013-02-28 17:32:44

any news?

I have the same issues now.

florian

2013-03-01 00:15:34

Hi, I'm terribly sorry for this problem.
Worst is, I have no idea what could be wrong.

The bome ports should appear in "sound, video, and game controllers" category, and not in "other devices".

Additionally, checking the "reinstall virtual MIDI" in the MT installer should really remove all the Bome ports from the system and do a clean reinstall.

Now if that does not work, do the following:
- uninstall Midi Translator
- go to device manager, and remove/uninstall, one by one, all the Bome ports
- still in device manager, remove/uninstall the Bome Bus Driver under System Devices
(NB this does not relate to a bome branded bus on the streets, so no drivers or other persons will be put at risk by removing it)
- reboot
- if you like, manually remove all bome* files and folders in C:\Windows\System32\drivers and in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository
then reboot again.
- cross your fingers and reinstall Midi Translator

Let me know how that goes.
Thanks,
Florian

TabSel

2013-03-01 08:02:00

Solved it by updating drivers from the driver repository of another computer ;)

Thanks

florian

2013-03-01 10:07:35

Hi Tabsel,

now that is interesting, for the case that this happens again to a user: you mean you have manually copied the driver .sys files from another computer? Have you had an old driver version?

Thanks,
Florian

TabSel

2013-03-01 11:14:05

I have another computer where v1.7.2 runs smooth including virtual midi drivers.

I copied the driverstore/filerepository/amd..... Bome driver folder to a network share.

On the other computer with driver problems in device manager I updated drivers by pointing to the network share folder.