[Solved]Can't install MIDI driver (Error code: 255)

jakewell

2012-08-15 14:01:09

Hi,
I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and i can't install your MIDI driver. Always at the end of installation instalator stops working and little box appears Image

I tried install it from different sources, but always some error box appears... :cry:

Solved! For others - I right-clicked the installer(TouchOSCBridge)-> remove compatibility problems(I don't know how exactly it's in english Windows, I have Czech version :) ) and then I chosed something like "no restrictions", then i run program again and it works!

doombadger

2012-08-15 15:47:11

For what its worth I'm running Win7 64bit and have no problems with the Bome's virtual MIDI ports. It says in your screengrab you're installing TouchOSC Bridge which I also use. The Bome's virtual ports are the most stable I've ever used but in the meantime you can use TouchOSC with either loopMIDI or MIDIYoke. Just make sure you read the setup properly as MIDI feedback loops crash PCs very quickly.

Not ideal I know but it's a workaround until you can isolate the issues you're having.

doombadger - damagedgoods

DvlsAdvct

2012-08-15 16:38:18

The best advice I can give you is to completely uninstall Midi Translator and install it from scratch. I'm assuming you've done that, though. Let me pass this on.

In the meantime, MIDI Yoke is a great solution.

jakewell

2012-08-15 17:01:44

Ok, I reinstalled whole Bone Midi translate but again,MIDI driver stopped responding and again 255 error code. Sometimes instad error code 255 apperas this horrible number ....

I need Bome driver because without it TouchOSC Bridge doesn't work, and Bridge is the main reason for using MIDI driver...