Translator Pro- not receiving keystroke

friedMike

2006-10-21 23:13:36

Hello,
just tried out trial version of Translator pro. Have used the demo version of translator before, only thing that held me back from purchasing was the fact that it didnt do keystroke->MIDI translation.
Pro does this!! downloaded trial, using WINXP sp2 and Bomes doesnt seem to accept keystrokes, the little led in the left corner does not flicker when inputting keystrokes. However when i set up a translation and input a key command in the output tab, that works fine and the assinment is accepted. Then when i go to use the translator i set up i get no Keystroke input. The MIDI input woks fine though- as it did in translator 1.4. i can assign MIDI to come in , the led flashes and then outputs to MIDI yoke and into ableton Live-perfectly. Is there something i am missing that i need to clicked or selected as a preference to receive keystrokes as input in Translator Pro or could this be a bug? Ill keep checking back here and if you need more info about my set up please let me know, again if i could get this to work with my system i would definately purchase as i have been looking for a keystroke to MIDI converter for a while and cant seem to find anything out there.

Michael

florian

2006-10-23 09:20:38

Hi Mike,

thanks for rteporting this problem.

I can reproduce this issue -- it must have slipped in very late after testing, it used to work. I'll investigate asap.

Florian

florian

2006-10-23 16:50:53

Hi Mike,

I've found the cause and fixed it. Because it's such an important new feature of the Pro version, I've released a new beta version ("beta 2") which is available for download on the download page:
http://www.bome.com/midi/translator/download.html

Thanks for the continued support (and faith!)
Florian