Spoof a MIDI Out Port for a connected controller?

Johnnydirtbag

2012-06-10 12:05:43

Hi,

So, trying to get multiple controllers to control the same software (ITCH). Most of the main functionality is covered by key strokes and mouse clicks. I was wanting to do some slider messages however, and hoping that I could do something other than mouse clicks/drags. Is it possible to set up a MIDI IN command from one controller to be sent out in a way that ITCH sees the command as coming from the main controller if both are connected?

DvlsAdvct

2012-06-10 15:46:47

I am not sure if this is going to be possible at all. However, there are a couple of ways we can try and figure this out and see if it can happen.

The first thing I need to know is whether or not Itch can have a MIDI port selected, or if MIDI Translator has a MIDI Input/Output port for Itch like it does for Traktor.

Johnnydirtbag

2012-06-15 09:17:15

No ports available, but you can send through the out of the selected controller if you have multiple controllers hooked up. Maybe that is a way?

DvlsAdvct

2012-06-15 13:32:48

I didn't even think of that. Yeah, if you use MT as a patch bay you should be able to route the Output of the controller to send directly to the output of the controller you want to Spoof. You would be able to still do any translation with presets or translators as well. Just set the output for the translators as the controller being spoofed.

jash08

2012-08-06 10:22:37

Thank you so much. it works great. :D
guild wars 2 gold