MIDI note isn't releaseing

revokark

2012-06-03 22:32:08

hi

i'm using the Bome's translator to control some shourtcuts/key strokes in Ableton Live

all PitchWheel and CC commands are working great, the problem is when i try it with notes (on the keyboard itself)
when i'm configuring the translator to any Note Off (for example: 80 54 40), it's like the keyboard is been pressed down constantly,like it's got stuck
and when i'm configuring it to any Note On, it's not doing anything, just playing a note (and not the shourtcut/key stroke)

i tried to put a qq in the message trigger (i've no idea why i did it), for example - 80 54 qq, and that was good, it made the shortcut work, but now i can't
play that note, it's only a command, and i'm looking it to be both, a note and a command.

i'm pretty sure that's an easy one, so please be patient with me.... :roll:

DvlsAdvct

2012-06-03 23:49:52

When you set up the keyboard incoming translators you need to have the Key Down command linked to the 90 pp qq outgoing, and the key Up command linked to the 80 pp qq command.

thanks make sense?

revokark

2012-06-04 00:23:03

can you please explain to me how to do that?

DvlsAdvct

2012-06-04 00:58:57

When you add a translator you have to select the type. You set the type to Keystroke. On the left side of the window there are three options: Keypress, Key Down event and Key Up event.

Select Key Down for the On MIDI message and Key Up for the Off MIDI message, or however you want them to interact. This way you can have one MIDI command when pressed down and a different command when released. So, you can have different velocities for press and release.

Make sense?

revokark

2012-06-04 03:04:23

i figured it out in a different way...

i've opened up a new translator, and set midi message with qq in the end (90 54 qq) and set the outgoing as the key stroke
after that i made a new translator, this time i made the massege ending with pp (90 54 pp) and set the outgoing to midi message,
and that midi message was a regular Note On command (90 54 6B).

anyway, thanks for trying help out! i really appreciate it!