AMC40 still sends original midi mappings

mrsdoubtfire

2012-04-22 02:33:37

Hi everyone

Using my Apc40 & Ableton - I have managed to map (thanks to the fantastic posts on this forum) 2 knobs on my apc40 to control the highlighted cell in the Ableton Performance view.

I.E I can twist the APC40 knobs to move the highlighted cell - up, down, left and right (by mimiking the computer keyboards arrow keys)

However - the 2 knobs still control the pan of channels 1 and 2 in Ableton.

How can I stop the the knobs from controlling the pan on these channels?

Thanks very much.

DvlsAdvct

2012-04-22 21:37:04

Since I was fortunate to have an APC40 in front of me right now, I could test this. I didn't get this issue at all. How is your routing set up?

mrsdoubtfire

2012-04-23 00:29:18

Hi - cheers.

I haven't got mine up in front of me right now

But I think in the Ableton midi routing settings, I have both the APC40 and Bome as inputs - as I still want to use the APC40 standard mapping - as I am not advanced enough to re-create all of that.

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks

DvlsAdvct

2012-04-23 16:02:57

Yes. What you should do to start is only use Midi Translator as the whole thing.

In MT you need to set your routings so the APC40 goes straight to the Virtual MIDI port, and direct the virtual MIDI port to go straight to the APC40. Then you should create two translators, as sort of pass throughs. The thread right by this one with JuanSOLO has a lot of this explained already http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3735. Now I know there's a lot in these you aren't looking for but the basics still work. :)

If it doesn't help let me know
J

mrsdoubtfire

2012-04-23 23:39:31

Thanks - I have my setup in front of me now.

I gave that thread a scan through - but am still not sure (have posted a question to those guys too to see if they know)

Currently - I have the MT output set to 'Bome's Midi Translator 1 Virtual Out' - as per what you said

In Ableton, I have APC40 set as the control surface and ''Bome's Midi Translator 1' as input.

So my problem is still - that when I twiddle the knob which I have programmed to mimic the arrow keys - that knob still controls the pan it is pre set to control in Ableton.

Is there a way I can disconnect this knob from controlling the pan it is connected to?

Thanks