Bomes MIDI Translator APC20/40 template

Tony_Blend

2012-03-31 13:20:52

Since starting with my APC40 in January, I'd wanted the "pretty lights" to work with Resolume as well as Modul8, and even though there are MIDI feedback solutions I turned to Bomes for my specific lighting needs. As everyone will have a different layout in mind for the CLIP TRIGGERS, I asked the exceptionally talented Milliebeanz to come up with an Excel spreadsheet for me that would do certain things. The main one is the output of "Bomes Ready" code.

You can either select the individual buttons and specify an individual state, utilise the set column and row colours or set the entire area to a clip state. Export of the data is a simple matter of selecting the row/column/all button and copying and pasting the data into your Bomes setup.

Please note that MACROS MUST be enabled, and this spreadsheet is a work in progress and currently only usable on Excel 2007 & above (windows & osx). Please let us both know any comments, feedback etc. via this thread.

To do: The remaining buttons (scene launch, clip stop, track selection) are to be mapped, as well as expanding it to the APC40 and including the various states on the pots.

Hope this is of use to you.

Cheers,

Tony
APCMidiMapping.xlsm
Windows & OSX. Macros MUST be enabled. Excel versions 2007 & above only at the moment.
(176.28 KiB) Downloaded 1520 times

DvlsAdvct

2012-04-03 20:28:50

Thanks a lot Tony. :)

Tony_Blend

2012-04-04 20:45:58

Hope it helps :)

Tony_Blend

2012-05-29 15:41:21

Just thought I'd ask for some feedback from those that have downloaded and taken a look at the excel template. I'm considering completing the layout so it would be almost a complete APC20. How did it work? Any other ideas for possible implementation?

Cheers,

T

stunami

2013-10-26 01:35:17

I am testing your template with APC40 and Resolume 4. Question. When I open Resolume in preferences/MIDI I see two input devices. One Bomes and one MPC40. DO I select the translator and NOT the MPC?

So I
1. opened preset in Bomes
2. Launched Resolume and pointed the MIDI mapping to the XML you provided.
3. In MIDI settings this is where I am lost. Do I only checkbox Bomes and leave the MPC40 blank?

Tony_Blend

2014-02-06 15:58:02

Sorry for delay in replying. Yes, just use the input and output of the Bomes port, NOT the APC40.

sjcaldwell

2017-08-09 21:01:13

Hi Tony,

I just got an email from someone that just got a new APC40 (not MKII) and wants help setting it up with Resolume.

It looks like you are the most knowledgeable to help. If you are interested in helping him, could you contact me via email at
bome@sniz.biz ? Then I can connect you.

Thanks

Steve

bome@sniz.biz

Independent Bome Programming SPAM

Bome Q&A moderator