Midi Translator Window Vanished? [Windows]

florian

2012-03-19 11:03:55

[Windows Only]
There have been occasional reports that suddenly, Midi Translator would not be visible anymore, or the Edit Window won't show up.

I haven't been able to reproduce this, although I've tried quite a bit.

Here are a few ideas:

Multiple Monitor Setup
Midi Translator remembers the positions of its windows, and that also works with multiple monitors.
Apparently, though, this causes occasional problems when you change your monitor setup. In that case, you can try the .reg file below.

Minimized/Tray Icon
Midi Translator can be configured to start minimized, and/or to start in the tray. That's useful if you have Midi Translator set to auto start with Windows. But it might be confusing when you try to start it and it does not pop up on the screen. In that case, look for the MIDI icon in the tray and double click it, or use the right mouse button to use the pop-up menu. If this does not help, try the .reg file below.

Hidden Window
Midi Translator's main window can hide other of its windows. In that case, re-show the window in question (e.g. Log Window) from the menu and move it so that it cannot get completely hidden by the main window.

Reset all Window Positions
You can use the attached .reg file to reset the window positions to the upper left corner of the main monitor.
  1. Close Midi Translator (possibly with Task Manager)
  2. download the attached "MidiTranslator_Reset_Positions.zip" below
  3. unzip the downloaded file
  4. double-click the unzipped .reg file
  5. acknowledge all warnings and confirmation pop-ups
  6. restart Midi Translator
Hope that helps!
Florian
Attachments
MidiTranslator_Reset_Positions.zip
reset MT window positions
(732 Bytes) Downloaded 470 times

Shindleria

2012-04-28 18:48:55

Hi Florian,

I've tried your three first solutions, without success... :(
Your forth seems promissing (I've tried myself to find some values in the Windows XP registry before seeing this post -without success-), but I can't find the attached .reg file you're mentionning... Have I missed something ?!
On the other side, I can't try uninstall / reinstall the program, because I've lost the installer (made a request this afternoon on the main website)

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work (that's an amazing piece of software we have here, works like a charm with a Viscount DB5 organ :D)

Edit : so after receiving a new installation file, I've uninstalled / reinstalled (to a newer version in fact) and that fixed the "vanished window" problem :)

florian

2012-04-29 00:35:21

perfect, good to hear. I've also added the .reg file (had to zip it, otherwise it wouldn't be accepted...)
Florian