How do I change the outgoing velocity of my whole keyboard?

RD444

2012-02-02 15:01:38

How do I change the outgoing velocity of my whole keyboard?

I have a Novation SL, Lately i have been learning a some more musical stuff and playing it a lot more
But I would like to change the keyboard so i don't have to play it 'so hard' to make sounds.
A lot of the sounds i have sound different (ie filter open etc) on greater velocities. so playing softer doesn't work

Is there a way of making 'all the input on my Keyboard' a little more velocity every time i play?

SL keyboard -> play any key or a few keys -> those velocity signals are +50 (or a number i can change) -> Albeton live Synth

I'd like to create a rule that effects 'all the incoming midi signals' of keys played and it needs to be polyphonic i guess.

(I have an plugin in Ableton Live but i have to add it every-time i add a track)

Can MT do this.

Many Thanks

DvlsAdvct

2012-02-02 15:33:57

Hi RD44

Yes it can. I actually think that you can also create an Automap profile for your Remote to do this, I just haven't done that in way too long to be considered capable of explaining it without having it in front of me.

As far as MT goes, just make sure that all of your keyboard keys are sending Note messages on the same channel, whereas all over controls (buttons, faders and knobs) are sending CC messages.

If that's the case you can have one translator that says

Code: Select all

Translator 1: Increase Velocity
Incoming Message: 90 pp qq
Rules: qq=qq+50
if qq>127 then qq=127
Outgoing Message: 90 pp qq
Be sure to replace the 0 in 90 with whatever channel the Novation is sending out.

RD444

2012-02-02 18:28:05

Cheers

works a treat :)

DvlsAdvct

2012-02-02 20:43:25

Glad to hear. Have fun. :)