mt player nanopad help....

marcusdtray

2012-01-30 14:38:16

Hey guys, just bought this and the first time I started it up and chose the ports it worked great.
Now I cant get it to go into assign mode...
When I press the xy pad and scene it just changes scenes, it wont go into assign mode..

I have reassigned all of the ports again, just like it says in the manual, restated my computer, restarted nanopad and nanokontrol...

im on osx 10.6

thanks!!

DvlsAdvct

2012-01-30 15:37:38

Hi marcusdtray

I'm looking at the Korg Nanopad manual right now and it looked like the only way to assign commands is to use the Korg Kontrol Editor available on their website. Am I understanding your problem correctly?

Jared

marcusdtray

2012-01-30 16:04:38

Thanks, I figured out 1 part of the problem, it wont go into assign mode unless it is getting midi from the the learn controller you select.

When I select my axiom pro on usb port1, it works fine, my problem when I select my korg m3 ( so I can copy all the chords i have programed in it) it slects it but will not receive the midi... not from any other port that shows up on the list either besides the axiom..

its weird.. logic is receiving midi from the m3 just fine.

any suggestions?

DvlsAdvct

2012-01-30 16:57:04

I'm confused.

MIDI Translator is not receiving MIDI from all of your MIDI controllers to create new translators?

marcusdtray

2012-01-30 17:30:41

Yes, they show up in the menu but it isnt receiving midi from them, even though logic is, I have tried the usb midi outs of the m3 and also the midi out of the m3 through my interface, still nothing in mt player.
But as soon as I select the axion pro usb again, its fine...

DvlsAdvct

2012-01-30 17:38:39

Oh, okay. That makes sense now.

What I think you need to do is close out of everything, load up MT and make sure all of the MIDI ports you want to use are active, and then open Logic and make sure your routing to your virtual midi ports are used exclusively in Logic. If your Korg MIDI ports are open in Logic they won't be used in MT at the same time.

Is that the problem you're having?

marcusdtray

2012-01-30 17:57:33

Ok so I closed everything and only opened up mt player , the axiom still works fine, but when I select the m3 as learn input it the sideways triangle beside the "in" and the midi plug picture directly beside it on the mt player stay blue, and only blink when i change from combi to program on the m3, not when i play the chord pads on the m3, and the nanopad.... strange

DvlsAdvct

2012-01-30 18:07:34

Do you have MIDI-Ox? You could try running your controllers through there to see what kind of MIDI signal is getting sent out by the controllers? Possibly might be sent on a different channel or have some sort of signal that needs to be manually entered.

marcusdtray

2012-01-30 18:24:11

is it possible to route the midi going out of logic in to the mt player?

DvlsAdvct

2012-01-30 18:29:32

It should be. I haven't used Logic, but there should be a way to set a MIDI out port. If you select a virtual MIDI port as a MIDI out in Logic you can then set that MIDI port as an In in MT. It would work almost identical to setting MIDI ports for controllers.

That make sense?

marcusdtray

2012-01-30 19:09:09

Thanks! I will try that

florian

2012-02-02 15:38:46

Marcus, are you using MT Player? Then the best place to get help is probably from where you got the player. Here, we don't know specific Player presets from other companies.

Thanks,
Florian